• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clawkwurk

Lurker
Sep 10, 2014
I bought this tablet a couple years ago expecting to use it for school. Unfortunately it didn't work out but I kept it anyways. Now, I need something portable to write code on.

The issue is that I am trying to get DroidEdit and, on the site, it says "You don't have any devices" which is a lie because both my tablet, phone, and computer are synced to this account. The troubleshooting says to access the Google Play store and download something.

That's when I get "Error retrieving information from server. [DF-DFERH-01]"

I've cleared the cache, disabled, enabled, cleared data, uninstalled updates... pretty much everything that every other forum has suggested.

Also, DroidEdit in the play store says that my tablet isn't compatible yet the app mentions the ASUS Transformer series.

Please, if anybody could help me get on my coding way it would be much appreciated.

Clawky

Have you actually tried downloading it from the Play Store on your tf300? I have just gone into the Play Store on my tf300, searched for it, found it and it is offering to install. I did not bother because I do not want it, but there was no mention there of it being incompatible with my device.

Also have you updated your system software on the tf300. If it has been sitting unused for 2 years then there have been at least 2 updates that I am aware of. You should be on Android 4.2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones