• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It appears the N4 is getting "L"

If the rumors are true about the screen size, I -MAY- upgrade to a Nexus 6. However, my Nexus 4 is still working great and I really don't want to drop another $350 on a phone as I've only had the 4 for a year. I'm looking into switching to T-Mobile and flashing the LTE modem on my phone. It would be nice to have LTE stock, but i just can't quite justify replacing a functional phone.

No reflash option for me unfortunately otherwise that's what I would have done.

And the big screen of the N6 (read: big phone) is a major disincentive for me; the N4 is about as big a phone as I ever want to use.

Upvote 0
+1 for not really wanting a much bigger screen.

I've actually had my N4 for nearly 2 years - it came from the second lot of stock in released in the UK - so I am considering a replacement. On the other hand, I just got a warranty replacement and still don't know if it has cost me $300 yet (Google bill you for a replacement phone until they evaluate whether the repair is covered by the warranty). If I have just paid $300, I won't be able to justify buying a new phone any time soon :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Now they're saying that Nexus 4 "may be too old"

"They" (PC Advisor writers) are just expressing some opinion based on the same set of uncertainties any of us could use. They may as well use a crystal ball or some tea leaves - the result would be just as likely to be a correct prediction. Perhaps that's what they did anyway :)

Upvote 0
One more reason not to pry this beauty from my cold, dead fingers. :D

Agreed. There's too many factors keeping me in my N4:
  • My Nexus 4 still runs perfectly.
  • It's getting Android 5.0. This means that when I hit my 2 year mark on it, I will be on the latest version Android.
  • Nexus 6 is $650. I can afford it, but I can't justify it to myself.
  • I'm not willing to enter into a contract to get a subsidized phone(if you can call them subsidized).
  • This phone just looks too damn nice.

I do wish it had more storage, a removable battery, and LTE though.

Upvote 0
Agreed. There's too many factors keeping me in my N4:
  • My Nexus 4 still runs perfectly.
  • It's getting Android 5.0. This means that when I hit my 2 year mark on it, I will be on the latest version Android.
  • Nexus 6 is $650. I can afford it, but I can't justify it to myself.
  • I'm not willing to enter into a contract to get a subsidized phone(if you can call them subsidized).
  • This phone just looks too damn nice.

^^^This

After two years of being my daily drive it still looks 99.44% as slick as the day i opened the box. There are some minor scratches on the back glass, but it gives it character. ;)

Honestly, I can't think of anything I disappointed with. If Lollipop f***s it up, I'll be upset.

I do wish it had more storage, a removable battery, and LTE though.

Don't need the storage as I'm not a media hog and have Google Ccloud, Personal Cloud and cumulonimbus cloud services. ;) LTE? My son's GS4 has it. I don't see much difference and frankly, I'm on WiFi most of the time (yes these are excuses, not reasons ... so sue me :p ).

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones