It Can't Be This Simple, Can It?

1. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

I'm just thinking about CM6 and standard Google apps. Is there any way to put a link on the SD card linking to the EMMC so that programs could access the internal memory but think they're accessing the SD card? I'd imagine if it was this simple someone would have thought of it already but figured it was worth asking.

Another thought occurred. What about changing the directory the memories mount to, perhaps with a software switch so you could make emmc mount to /sdcard? Just a thought.

Advertisement
    :
  2. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

I tried making a symlink to the internal memory a little while back, but I got permission denied errors or something (yes I was in recovery). Haven't tried it since S-OFF..I'll give it a try right now.

from the /mnt/sdcard directory:
    ln -s /mnt/emmc internal/
    link failed File exists

Can't copy the emmc link from the root directory either
    cp -P /emmc /sdcard
    cp: can't create symlink '/sdcard/emmc': Operation not permitted.

=/

Seems that in clockworkmod, I can't even see the internal memory with everything mounted...
  3. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

4. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

That just mounts the internal storage. I can see why that'd be necesscary in CM6, but in an HTC ROM it mounts the internal storage by itself already.
    We're trying to make a symlink or similar into the /mnt/sdcard directory so that other apps thing that the internal storage is part of the SD card.
  5. darkfire

darkfire New Member

This was posted in Xda on june