It is possible to take screenshots w/stock Evo 3D running Android 2.3.4 (yes now possible)Support

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

ShootMe got broken on the GB update for the Evo (and I guess other HTCs as well) and they just fixed it a few days ago.

So - I just capturing a screen shot of a YouTube music vid playing full screen - no soap using DDMS (the Android SDK on PC method) or ShootMe on our phones. :(
  2. jojkos

jojkos New Member

i am able of taking screenshot of video or game..so it seems i can screenshot anything
  3. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Oh really? Please show me where he stated that he was in Europe? Not to mention, last I checked, Canada isn't in Europe.

Probably would be wise to update that he has a GSM EVO 3D and I'm sure the majority of users on here were not aware of that. I don't think it's anyone else fault for them not knowing Rogers has a GSM model. I'm sure most people would think it was CDMA as well.

Carry on folks.

My apologies to OP. Please update your post and or thread title so that others are informed of this.
  4. RandoTheKing

RandoTheKing Member

Gingerbread supports screen shots without root, HTC just didn't implement it on this phone.

GSII takes advantage of it.
  5. EarlyMon

That was a specific reference to the XDA thread that I made.

Our OP said he was on Rogers. I explained that is a different software revision.

Posting based on what most people may think doesn't change the difference between asking questions and making accusations.

Until you hear of this phone making it to Japan or Korea, best to assume that non-Sprint copies are GSM. And anything outside a US carrier tends to get different software in any case.

It's not the OP's fault that they don't have a dedicated forum - and they did no worse than others here by assuming common knowledge that didn't exist.

Mod already changed title by the time of your post - and that's the best that could be done at the time.
    jdsingle and marctronixx like this.
  6. sonspot

sonspot Member

It works and you can take a shoot of any screen (well on screens that I tried it on), so some of you should really stop assuming and implying
  7. EarlyMon

Thanks, I covered the part on decorum, and that's sufficient.

What carrier are you on?
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. fendant

fendant New Member

NIce work djk80 - works like a charm fellow Rogers user!

Fendant
    EarlyMon likes this.
  9. TW3828

TW3828 Member

Mines on the Roger's network too and it worked no problem. I have an Affinity Gel case on mine, seems to make it a bit easier to do.

Thanks OP, great find!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. moebob24

moebob24 Member

Yesterday I happened to press a combination of buttons unknowingly and a screen shot of my screen was saved in my photos.

My queston is simple: what is this button combo?

I have always gone along thinking there was no way to take screen shots.
  11. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

power and home
    Bagua likes this.
  12. moebob24

moebob24 Member

It does work. I just confirmed that the sleep button and home button will indeed take a screen shot.
  13. houndstooth

houndstooth Active Member

Interesting. Just tried it on my Sprint 3VO and it works. I press the power button and then immediately press the home button.
  14. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

This thread is exactly the reason I love this forum! I love learning new things about this bad boy
  15. gypsy33445

gypsy33445 New Member

Works like a charm. Previous webos user and I have missed this feature. Love it.
  16. EVIL&roid

EVIL&roid Member

wow cool! i had no idea. works great too. thanks!
  17. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Holy c$%p It actually works!!! It really just takes practice for a second but start with the power button and as soon as you start to put pressure on it hit the home button. And this is on my Sprint 3VO.
  18. heyimrick

heyimrick Member

Just wanted to throw in my two cents and say it worked just fine for me. I'm on Sprint. I must have done this on accident before, because a screenshot of my locks screen popped up in my gallery a few weeks ago and I was wondering how the hell it got in there. Thanks for the info!
  19. chinoo

chinoo New Member

Thank you soo much, it works perfect on my phone, i almost root the phone just to be able to take screenshot
  20. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

I was looking at the home screen of my text messages, and I managed to somehow take a screen shot that saved on my pics. My camera sound came on like a pic was taken. I was confused till I saw the pic of my screen in my gallery.

How do u do this? Not sure what I did but I did it somehow Lol
    Bagua likes this.
  21. alexxseven

alexxseven Well-Known Member

if you have updated recently (im not sure about sense 2.0 devices), but if you hold the lock button and touch the home button, it takes a screenshot. HTC has added native screenshot abilities to the E3D :D
    Bagua likes this.
  22. thorkon

thorkon Member

i literally just accidentally did this and kept jamming buttons until it worked. I figured it out (power+home at same) as the person above stated.
  23. billville

billville Member

I am a Sprint EVO 3D user and can confirm this. I just read and tried this right now, and it absolutely works! Such an awesome feature....glad you mentioned it, thanks!!
  24. dmankin

dmankin New Member

Hi folks. I am a new Android user. I have a Sprint HTC 3D, and I added GoLauncher EX the other day. I have a variety of other apps installed as well.

The other day, I was carelessly handling my phone, and I heard the camera shutter sound play, and lo & behold... I had taken a screenshot! I have been asking around as to how one can do this, and the answer I get always seems to be ' you can't, without rooting the phone'.

Does anyone know how I may have done this, and what software is responsible? I'd like to use this feature, but I can't find it now!

Thanks,

David
  25. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

From what I've learned asking about screenshots; It's not a feature of android itself but you can add it if you root. Some of the oems add that feature for you though, HTC I think only does it on a few of their phones, my inspire doesn't have it. But I think I've heard it's something like power+home to do it.