it just doesn't make sense...

Last Updated:

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when I hear that the Hero isn't capable of running 2.2 when CM6 is basically just that, right? is CM6 a stripped down version of Froyo or something? why is it we can run Froyo if we root, but can't do it 'out of the box'?

Advertisement
  2. Linoleum

Linoleum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel you. But manufacturers aren't interested in keeping happy customers by supporting their phone for 5+ years, they want you spending 2 bills each year on the latest and greatest phone. Until we move away from a subsidized phone/2 yr subscription model, count on throwing away perfectly good technology... often.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

HTC Sense UI and froyo may not run on our Hero. But my guess is that nfinite and others will have sense/froyo running here soon.

What CM6 and aosp roms are, are just vanilla froyo right now. But damn, is it good!!!:D

4. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

ha nfinite and a few others have the sense 2.2 port from the htc wildfire pretty damn close to working. As of early october, it was labeled as 85ish percent done. Give it another month and id say there will be a relatively stable version ready to roll

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's just too darn busy right now, hopefully soon. Then again, I don't miss the sense ui

6. Thorin10

Thorin10 Member

You know, the Sense UI was pretty cool at first, but after using Cyanogen I wouldn't go back.