it was bound to happen: low memory warning!Support

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

i guess 160 apps is pushin it, eh? :) i have cyanogen but i still haven't messed with reformatting my sd card for apps2sd.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Badboy8813

Badboy8813 Member

160 apps....lol you need a GF!
  3. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

4. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

does cyanogen support apps2sd?
  5. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member

so can you explain real quick?

when you install happens it installs to RAM? or a another ROM partition on the EVO ? and of course if it installs to ram then means less memory to actually run the phone to do anything right?
  6. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Member

7. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too. Wasn't this supposed to be an integrated Froyo feature?
  8. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

why have vagina when i have the evo? lol u guyz are the dumbz0rz!!!
  9. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

it is. u shoulnt have to reformat for it, its in the settings>applications. move to sd. havent tried myself though, Dont wanna test my apps from a class 2 16gb lol
  10. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

i thought I was wack having 73 apps..
  11. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

My BB became schizophrenic at 15 apps... those were the days...
  12. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

i have about 50 more i dont use backed up to my SD card :( i would install them if i had the space or apps2sd
  13. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

You are, just not as much. JK :)
  14. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

I got like 50mb plus and it wont let me install anymore apps unless I clear out some space. WHY???:confused: Is 50mb to low? What is occupying that space that it wont let me use it? I cant wait till froyo. So it can let us install apps on the SD card.
  15. saccityp

saccityp Active Member

What do you do with that many apps? i like 10, and have trouble with my gf lol
  16. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I like to have my fair share of serious utilities and games. I do a good amount of serious work on my devices, so I tend to have a good amount of freeware and pay apps. I will be filling up my device with as many business apps as possible. :)
  17. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but it may be as simple as the OS needing so much space left in order to accomplish what it needs to accomplish when it's doing it's everyday things, not sure. :confused::confused:

Maybe someone else can chime in here that actually knows for sure. :D
  18. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

this is why you do not need a task killer. the OS knows how much memory it needs to run the apps you already have. this is a perfect example.

now you may be able to "fool" the OS by force closing some apps that are sitting in RAM. this will increase your "bucket" of memory which may let you install an app, but remember if you do these types of things you will only cause issues down the road.. lagg, error messages, etc.(because you are fooling the OS in thinking you have given it additional memory which in fact you did.. you only force closed).

best to either uninstall an app or two you dont really use.. im sure you have one or two that gets used RARELY if at all.. ROOT and then you can move apps to SD.. or wait for 2.2....
  19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

WaSTeLaNd likes this.
  20. TREV21

TREV21 Well-Known Member

Well it only took me about two month to get here. Anyone one else dealing with tis on EVO? :confused:
  21. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

what do you mean exactly? Try uninstalling some of your apps.
  22. TREV21

TREV21 Well-Known Member

That's the only option right now until Froyo 2.2 comes out. I would hope that HTC and Sprint see that this will become a problem that they would work on sooner than later so that we can run apps from our SD cards.

It just sucks right now because you have to micro-manage apps.
  23. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I agree, but are you really using all of those apps on a regular basis? When apps to SD comes out, im still not filling up my SD card with apps I will never use. But im with you. HTC really dropped the Ball on the internal memory for the Evo
  24. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

Froyo is one part of the solution. But the app developers will have to update their app to take advantage of this functionality...its a small change though.
  25. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Actually, I'm working on building an app right now that, once you get this error, you install it - and it confirms that you're about out of space.

And don't worry - there'll be a Pro version - promise!
    cabbie likes this.