It was the first time

Last Updated:

1. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used my Hero as a mp3 player while snowboarding today. I was very happy with the experience that I had with it. Had it going for 5 straight hours and battery was at 60 percent when I was done. It never faultered in any way and the sound quality was superb. When I had my Iphone there would no way in hell been able to play it for 5 hours with out worry of it running out of batteries. I have some 2 hour mixes and Iphone/Ipods frown upon those as they will drain the battery.
    I was using meridian player and set it to random and let it do its thing. It was random and seemed to never come close to playing the same artist very close together. I am not sure if this has to do with the 10g worth of music or the player actually able to recognize that I wanted it to be random.

Just happy with the phone as a Mp3 player and the quality of it.

How is your experience with your media player of choice? Which do you prefer? I am always experimenting with these things as there are always something better. The only thing that I am not to thrilled with meridian is its UI but it does its job well and uses gesters very well.

Advertisement
  2. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I just use the factory media player for playing mp3s and have had no major Issues with it so far. I also use Pandora which is probably the best thing ever when It comes to cell phones and music. The battery doesn't last as long as my Curve, but the quality is much better.

3. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

Stock player works fine for me too. Though, I don't really run a playlist or change tracks much. Battery life using the player is fine - but having earphones on my head for 5 hours would be a bit much for me.

Pandora, understandably, chews-up the battery at a faster rate.

4. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

Good stuff, I like the stock player but I'll have to check out meridian.

OT, how long you been snowboarding. I have tried a few times and its TOO HARD for me. I must have the record for most falls in one day.

5. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I use tunewiki. Not only does it play music but also displays the lyrics. It does a whole lot more, but haven't used the other functions yet.

6. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I just dled tunewiki the other night, haven't used it as media player yet just to see the lyrics of a couple songs. I'll have to try it out and see how it fairs against the factory one.

7. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haha it is difficult for the first few times. Gotta make sure not to catch your edge. I have been snowboarding since '94. but havent been in a couple of years, just no time anymore unfortunately.

Keep at it though and youll get the hang of it.

8. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I rock the stock app. Before I had the hero, I was NEVER without my ipod. I'm SO glad to have a device that can do so many things. I'm going to check out meridian, and keep an eye on this thread.