• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTablet to be released in april..... to COMPETE WITH IPAD

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
The iTablet as described does sound like a reasonable machine, and it's clearly an improvement on the version shown at CeBIT in 2007. It has a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, 512MB to 2GB of memory, and a 10.2-inch XGA (1024 x 600 pixel) screen. The dimensions are 252 x 192m and the thickness runs from 28mm to 35mm. It weighs 1.18kg(2.6 pounds). There's a choice of operating system: Windows 7 Windows XP Tablet Edition or Linux. (Copied from another website, photos ans source once I get to my pc)

It is made by a company named X2, who's been supplying and producing tablet pc's for the last ten years. Its also rumored to have 3 usb ports, expandleable memory, andball the goodies we want. Looks like the ipad is in for some serious trouble.

A company we've never heard of is going to crush Apple with a touchscreen netbook (with the outdated Atom chipset) with no keyboard.

Yeah, no. Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Apple sells because it advertises like crazy and has people locked into a media ecosystem, it doesn't matter how crappy the product they are hawking is. The tablet you listed won't cause Apple to lose a single sale. Hell, it isn't even an android device.

Upvote 0
A company we've never heard of is going to crush Apple with a touchscreen netbook (with the outdated Atom chipset) with no keyboard.

Yeah, no. Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Apple sells because it advertises like crazy and has people locked into a media ecosystem, it doesn't matter how crappy the product they are hawking is. The tablet you listed won't cause Apple to lose a single sale. Hell, it isn't even an android device.

i disagree, people will shop for the ipad and see that the itablet is cheaper and better equipped along with a more useful operating system. people who choose the ipad over the itablet would be fools

Upvote 0
i disagree, people will shop for the ipad and see that the itablet is cheaper and better equipped along with a more useful operating system. people who choose the ipad over the itablet would be fools

Those people will never hear of the iTablet. Good luck even finding one for sale unless you are specifically looking for it. Apple is selling a pick up and use device that runs a crappy limited OS that was made for easy touch interaction, the iTablet is a generic netbook that runs real OSes that were created with mouse+keyboard in mind. The average user that Apple is targeting here is going to want the slick, easy to use UI, built for touch from the ground up device. These products aren't even competeing with each other, I don't why you are trying to compare them. The Ipad is junk, but it doesn't need to care about things like hardware and usefullness because it is an Apple product.

Now an Android product running on a Arm based platform with good 3D hardware is the type of tablet that could beat the iPad, or a Win7 tablet with advertising and a 3rd party UI overlay (HP Slate). Stuff like this iTablet aren't going to matter to people considering an iPad.

Upvote 0
Lol x2 runs the tablet industry, they are pretty much the only supplier to the entire medical field. Not to mention the name iTablet is bound to ring up some sales. Tablets do not need android. Android is a PHONE OS. All they need is some decent advertising. If they advertise accordingly, with good price points, I do see this as a viable option. And this is clearly a superior device to ipad. Anyone who disagrees is living in never never land. Fairy dust anyone?

Upvote 0

Every day people buy Mac computers over PC's and iPod's over other MP3 players.

They will buy Apple products because they have it pounded into their heads that they are better and safer which is untrue.

Upvote 0
Never heard of X2? Until recently nobody had heard of HTC yet they have been around a very long time producing hardware for network branded PDA/Phones. It's only relatively recently that they have been putting their own badge on the devices that manufacture.

That and the smaller screen will make a much better option for a PMP/Car monitor for my car. (I'm want to hook up my ECM to a PC, and the tablet PC sounds like a great option to do this with, along with PMP capability.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones