1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Italy

1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

A member of my family is travelling to Italy soon and they want to get an International Sprint phone they can use over in Italy by swapping the SIM cards. Would the Motorola XPRT work? They were told they need an "unlocked" phone to use the SIM cards over in Italy & they want an Android with Sprint they can use in the US too.

Thanks for your help.

PS. Same question for the Photon if anyone knows. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. sparkyaf

sparkyaf New Member

I bought an XPRT from ebay and I'm using it in the UK with no problems. It's unlocked for gsm/utms outside of the US.

Berfore sending/taking it to Italy I would suggest registering it on Sprint in the US if possible as it is a bit of a challenge starting from scratch and bypassing the annoying activation sequence on start up.
    ArmageddonX likes this.
  3. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Thank you!

The XPRT does run Google Translate for Android, right?
  4. Alwishus

Alwishus Member

Great information. Quick question. I'm going to Italy myself and would like to buy the xprt as a replacement phone for my son. If I do the upgrade with the USA sim card and let it be seen on my plan in the USA, will it make a difference when I go to Italy and install the prepaid Italian sim card? All responses appreciated.
  5. sparkyaf

sparkyaf New Member

When you are out of the USA you should set the XPRT to GSM/utms only. Then cdma is inactive so it should make no difference
  6. Alwishus

Alwishus Member

Are you suggesting that I register the Italian SIM (not the native american SIM card pre-installed on the phone) card here in the US before I go to Italy?
  7. sparkyaf

sparkyaf New Member

No, Just activate the phone on cdma with the Sprint servers in the US before you go. Otherwise the Handsfee Activation procedure will start everytime you reboot the phone.
    This is a real pain if you are not on a CDMA network.
    Alwishus likes this.
  8. Alwishus

Alwishus Member

ahhhh! gotcha. Thank you sir.