Items that have me stumpedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask for your input on two items. Maybe somebody can shed some light:

1. Bluetooth: I have a Kenwood car radio that I hook-up to. I ran the initial pairing and connection, it worked just fine. But now, every time i start the car, have to go into the SF's bluetooth settings menu, long press on the device name, choose "options", and check the "Phone - Use for phone audio" checkbox. Is there a way I can get the phone and radio to connect automatically without going through this extra step each time?

2. Text messages: Is there a way to prevent the phone from vibrating when a text comes in? I get the notification tone and a short vibration. I've scoured the settings menu, but nothing seems to work.

I'd appreciate any input.

Advertisement
  2. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Can't help you with part 1 as I don't own or never own a bluetooth, but i can sure help you with question 2, in order for you to disable the phone from vibrating when getting a text message open your text message app, click on the settings button (first soft key, left of home soft key)>Settings, scroll all the way down and uncheck Vibrate.

Hope that works for you.

3. Redbird1

Didn't even think to look there! Thanks!

4. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

I've seen that if I don't have my bluetooth ON before getting in my car, it takes a good while for it to connect with my car's system, sometimes having to manually click the bluetooth item from the settings menu. I guess it just takes a while for the phone's BT to get fully up and running.

5. Redbird1

Yeah it's strange. My SF's bluetooth is always on, but it never connects to the radio. I was in the car for 30 minutes this morning, and no dice. I had to manually connect.

Frustrating.