1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

itpc:// links

Last Updated:

1. FBMike

FBMike New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a video podcast that I launch into itunes on my PC by clicking on an itpc:// link. The podcast consists of about a dozen videos that I can then download and transfer to my phone. I would like to be able to just click on the itpc:// link from a browser on my phone and download all the videos. Is there an app that would let me do this?

If not, is there a video app that will sort videos in their track order (not alphabetically by title), without needing to manually create a playlist?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. bkjproductions

bkjproductions New Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to find the same solution. I have tried modifying the header of the file that goes out, i.e. adding
    header('Content-type: text/xml');

before the XML data of the podcast goes out, but that doesn't seem to work. Oddly, the ipod/ipad doesn't seem to recognize the itpc: protocol either.
    I was hoping as a fallback solution that the browser would at least behave like Safari or Firefox and display a neatly formatted RSS page when encountering the feed via http: protocol, but it won't.
    Apparently I could get my users to all download and install the "RSS Subscription Extension (by Google)" but that's not gonna happen!