• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root It's a shame.... that F7 died so quick dev wise..

Rob_i_Am00

Dec 20, 2014
I looked up possible replacement phones today and to be honest i didn't see anything worth spending an extra $100+ for. Shout out to "Chev" for workin up a badass Rom and Kernel for this phone but it's sad that we died so fast. This phone is still throwing its weight around verses for instance the Volt etc. I kill my buddies phones with it tweaked out on "Simplicity" and that "Zippy" kernel mixed with the Faux123 kernel tuner. And they have way better phones on paper stats. If you get some free time "Chev" tweak some more on the F7 for us. But the work you've done is much appreciated. And i think i speak for everyone

Reactions: creed10
Well said. This phone has a lot of potential. if only I could actually get past the first step for developing ROMs I could try. (can't even download any source code cause I'm "not owner" -_-)
but it sucks that i had to move on. I appreciate all the work chev put into this. and screw LG for letting us down! I appreciate what chev did as well. couldn't have said it better myself

Upvote 0
That would be awesome. I was about to try to get a new phone but for the money i can't see spending for a phone the same or less as the F7. And you devs hookin us up with the mods is something i can't pass up. The new phones have nothing happening for them so far. The ZTE Warp sync with 2gb ram was tempting but no dev work going into them yet. And honestly the looks are subpar to say the least on them. I just bought a parts phone (F7) so i can just switch motherboards into a like new phone instead of changing my cracked screen. I'm sticking with this for now.

Upvote 0
For Boost the F7 holds up against everything available in its price range, except maybe the Aquos Crystal, but the Crystal is no good untill you can unlock and root it. I have been using the GPS successfully for the last few months and that was my only issue with the phone. Clockwork Mod would make this phone stand out, so good luck QuiteStorm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones