• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
Yep thats right!

She is ALIVE!

I have now replaced the case, lcd screen and digitizer of my "ran over" X10 and it works fine :D

So from this

brokenphone.jpg

To this

Phoneinbits.jpg

To this

Workingphone.jpg

Feeling rather smug and chuffed with my bad self :D

BOOM!!!

Reactions: wynney666
Go Powerkiter! Hope you locked the cat out whilst your had all those small parts laying around.

Clever boy.... so you still getting rid of it or are you going to have a go at putting 2.2 on it and playing for a while?

And btw thanks for the offer about the kiting. The boys are still keen - just got to sort out some dates!

Upvote 0
The cat was not a problem but the girlfriend!!!

She knocked a load of the screws and 2 buttons off the shelf I placed all the parts and bloody hoovered them up, FFS!

Searched everywhere on the floor and thought "she hoovered last night"

Opened up the dust box and there they all was...

This phone has gone against all the odds and won, going to keep it for a while and have a play but still loving my rooted 1.6 for now and just happy to have it back and so is the girlfriend who now has her galaxy back :)

Upvote 0
You have just made me guffaw! That was hilarious, did you moan at her? Good job she wasn't super efficient and emptied the dust thing into the rubbish... you could have been there with your Marigolds on picking bits of potato peel and egg shell off them.

Glad you are going to stick with it, don't want to lose another of the 'old timers' to the dark side.

Upvote 0
OK so the wifi no longer works now, it regegnises the router nad tries to connect yet it just goes into a connect and scan loop...

Also the signal bar is now stuck at 1 or 2 bars and it has dropped a couple of calls today through a weak signal when before it was perfect full bars.
great that its working mate,
router wise, you could try changing channel, or encyption type, often helps when struggling to connect, regardless of "it worked before"

Upvote 0
great that its working mate,
router wise, you could try changing channel, or encyption type, often helps when struggling to connect, regardless of "it worked before"

Wifi is gone... Even tried a couple of wifi scanning apps and nothing is even showing up so I guess the fact it was ran over has done something bad, been looking online for where the wifi antenna is on the phone but nothing. Even took the phone apart to see if I could find any damaged ribbons or left anythin unplugged and cleaned the contact points for the antenna as it is housed in the back part of the case and that comes away when you strip the phone down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones