It's certain APPS, that make your phone buggySupport

Last Updated:

1. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There was an app that was available for the 2.1. After the 2.2 update, the dev pulled it off the market (on the 23rd), because it was making the DX's buggy. I never installed the app because I didn't know about it until about an hour after the dev pulled it. Lol. A few short days later, it was back on the market modified for the 2.2 ota update, minus a few features the dev was working on. A coupledays after the new version (9/27), a second update was made available. IMMEDIATELY AFTER I UPDATED AGAIN, my phone became buggy to the point I had to do a factory reset this morning. I will reinstall the app in a couple of days when I have more emails and texts in my inbox, along with an adequate history to compare to. I emailed the dev yesterday and told him I suspect the app caused my phone to go buggy. I will wait for a response before I put him on blast. I don't want to ruin his business and I turn out to be wrong. If I don't get a response, I will email him again and let him know I plan on putting him on blast. If no response, I will update this post with the name of the app to avoid. The bad part about it is, its a really good app, and I hope I'm wrong!

Advertisement
  2. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This app wa removed from the market by Google, although the developer is saying that HE had it removed. I can prove it with actual evidence of him not knowing it was gone. But the app is called "Real HDMI". If you already purchased it, it's still on your phone under "downloads". If your phone is unusually buggy, remove it. Don't use it or purchase it if it ever reappears in the market.

3. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

You seem to have it out for gman by carrying over your attack from droidxforums. Not cool.

He's got a lot of supporters for his excellent work on Real HDMI, and most are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and time to update the app or wait for Google/Verizon/Motorola to fix their issues with 2.2. The 2.2 update came out recently and broke a lot of apps.

P.S. He posted the 2.2 HDMI output bug to Motorola's support forums.

4. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo Member

Montuhotep, I feel your pain, as I too have RealHDMI. But is is NOT Gman's fault. It is a known bug in 2.2.

Try viewing your gallery in 2.2 through a HDMI cable. Now try and exit the app. Battery Pull time. This is a bug that Motorola introduced in 2.2 that affects the HDMI out function of the Droid X. Gman got bit by this bug too.

Until Moto gets their act together, we are all screwed. (unless you are still running 2.1)

I SOOO regret doing the offical OTA Froyo upgrade. The leaked version worked flawlesssly with HDMI...

Dickie