It's early September!!! Where is the Froyo OTA???

Last Updated:

1. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is now early September and I have not heard any news on the release date for Froyo. Not even a rumor!!! What the hell is going on! :mad:

Advertisement
  2. bigworm410

bigworm410 Active Member

I have gotten into the habit of checking for updates daily! I WANT MY FROYO! My brother has an Incredible and he just got his the other day. *envy*

3. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Man that is B.S. What the F is taking them so long, I don't even want to use my phone till I get Froyo on it lol.

4. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member

Lol jeez it is only a few days in, it will still be early september next week. Are you guys that bored with your X already? ;)

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

*two weeks*

el oh el

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I organize in the incredible section, too. I'm wondering if I even want the froyo update. So many people are having trouble with the update. I feel as if to have a clean OS, you have to update then do a factory reset, kinda starting all over again. I spent a lot of time getting my dx just so, rooted and all. I don't look forward to the fuss. The Froyo update will be a mixed bag, I assure you, and there will be a lot of upset DX owners here, asking questions out of frustration, if the DInc forum is any gauge of things.

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

One would think that FroYo turned the Droid X from an unusable hunk of metal that caused bad breath, headaches and nausea to its users into a streamlined super-computer capable of calculating the last digit of Pi, the physics of the Big Bang, and turning its owners into smooth-talking geniuses, adored and envied by everyone around them.

It's a phone. It works really well with 2.1. It'll work marginally better with 2.2. It will not substantially alter your life or the lives of those around you.

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Personally my belief is that Froyo will show up when it shows up. I have no major issues with Eclair at the moment and would prefer that I also have no major issues with Froyo. If it takes Mot and VZW a few more days to insure that the update is stable... so be it.

nekoki, lgench, Ubermother and 2 others like this.
  9. BuGSmx3

BuGSmx3 Active Member

If you really want Froyo get ROm manager and upgrade to Fly X.... It is actually really easy, and it runs really smooth! :)

10. r3dlined

r3dlined Well-Known Member

I think there will be more pissed off people when we find out it's exactly the same as the already leaked version.

11. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

They've said all along late summer, summer officially ends on September 21st, so it should be anytime now. Patience grasshopper.

12. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I just hope I stop getting the "Check for update was not available..." response before Froyo does come to the X.

13. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

There are certainly differences between the DX and D2 that will have to be addressed, but given the commonalities one would expect the Droid 2 being released over three weeks ago with Froyo will likely benefit the Droid X Android 2.2 update and be a little different situation than for the Incredible.

I'm still thinking the update comes in the next five or six days, at least Motorola would seem to have a good incentive to get it out sometime just before the Android 2.1 Samsung Fascinate is released.

14. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

This post over at Android Central suggests that the Update was Originally scheduled for September 2, but the update was rejected by Verizon.

I personally just posted in that thread to determine that if that information is reliable or not.

15. Zog Bog

Zog Bog Active Member

It is aggravating but not surprising. Since I always planed on delaying installation until root/testing waiting was expected.

16. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I keep forgetting about Froyo. lol I'm not too eager to get Froyo right now. I have a lot of other things on my mind.

17. GregTard

GregTard Well-Known Member

Maybe that is what is taking so long. They are trying to make it better than the leaked version.

18. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Elsewhere, some are saying "September 6, 2010"....

19. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

I'm in no rush to get it now given all of the bugs and issues. As it stands now, Froyo is a no go for me due to two bugs:

1) Removal of certain AAC codecs causing really horrible sound in streaming apps like pandora and slacker.

2) No use of graphic EQ in MixZing while running the background.

My DX has replaced my ipod touch completely. I haven't even touched my touch in over a month due to the excellent sound produced by MixZing on the DX.

20. murdoc158

murdoc158 Well-Known Member

I'm running a custom ROM of the leaked Froyo and I noticed an improvement in Slacker and Pandora sound overall. Slacker sounded flat and range compressed, but now sounds more full and less compressed. It's still not as good sounding as my original Droid though. :cool:

21. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

That's not possible. The leaked version is full of very obvious bugs that would never make it into a public release. The leaked version doesn't even have the ability to address over 256MB of RAM, which is a key feature of Froyo. The battery manager doesn't even work.

22. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

I think they are still working on a way to keep the hackers from opening Froyo up again. Id be embarrassed as hell if I was the guy in charge of software security at Moto/VZW and within a couple weeks my software was "rooted" and with a month or so everyone was installing leaked/modified versions of 2.2. Not saying I disapprove as enjoy it as much as everyone else!

23. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

You mean it can't do all that?! That the last time I listen to a salesman!!

firemanprice likes this.
  24. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Hope you all get it soon loving it...

25. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

That's funny. I've seen so many beta's that were released in my time it's not even funny. Hopefully it won't but it certainly could happen. From looking at the other forums I can tell you there are plenty of obvious bugs that did make it into the public release.