• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's early September!!! Where is the Froyo OTA???

Yeah, so I had the Dinc and waaaaaaited for Froyo forever. Then, last week I had had enough with the sound quality issues so I let VZW switch me to the DX.... and I couldn't be happier but for one thing. The day after they switched me, the Dinc got Froyo and now I'm waaaaaaiting again. **sigh**

Upvote 0
Yeah, so I had the Dinc and waaaaaaited for Froyo forever. Then, last week I had had enough with the sound quality issues so I let VZW switch me to the DX.... and I couldn't be happier but for one thing. The day after they switched me, the Dinc got Froyo and now I'm waaaaaaiting again. **sigh**

LOL, that's funny! But no big deal. My buddy just did the OTA to Froyo on his DInc, an my DX with stock 2.1 is still beating its Quardant Standard score. Plus, we already have 720p and Swype. The DInc is old and busted, the DX is the new hotness... until next month, LOL!

Upvote 0
What i want to know is why some people are just content with not having the best their is for what they have?
Depends on perspective. An Ethiopian would be quite happy with McDonald's as a full meal . Me I want fillet mignon, potatoes, vegetables and a nice merlot to call it a good meal.

Or look at me, comming from a Storm2. I can live for a bit more for 2.2.

Reactions: JQwerty91
Upvote 0
Rooted my X for the free tether. I then installed Launcher Pro Plus and actually put in the time to get it set up perfectly. I could not be happier with my phone now. I dont think froyo will be that big of a deal for me. Flash will be kinda cool I guess. I know that I will not be updating to froyo till after I see how its running on other peoples phones. My wife is having all kinds of problems with her Incredible.

Upvote 0
Same here and for at least two weeks????

I keep getting "check for updates is not available at this time. Please try again later."

Maybe they are preparing the system.

I had this problem when I was trying to update to the .604 version

What I found was that the following setting broke it...

Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Social Applications > Sync over WIFI only

if I had this box checked, I would get the not available error. After turning this off, I had to reboot and voila...update available. May not be it, but worth trying (it wont get you froyo yet either, lol)

Upvote 0
I had this problem when I was trying to update to the .604 version

What I found was that the following setting broke it...

Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Social Applications > Sync over WIFI only

if I had this box checked, I would get the not available error. After turning this off, I had to reboot and voila...update available. May not be it, but worth trying (it wont get you froyo yet either, lol)

Thanks for the suggestion. Because of a quickly depleting extended battery and the loss of a 3G signal indicator this morning, I did my first Factory Data Reset and that fixed the message. It also brought back my 3G signal indicator and "may(?)" have helped my battery life.

Wasn't as difficult to do as I had anticipated but it's incorrect that the Market will remember and save all of your Market App downloads. I'm still remembering apps that did not show up after the reset.

Upvote 0
What i want to know is why some people are just content with not having the best their is for what they have?

Perhaps it's not a matter of being content with the status quo, as being cognizant of the fact that it WILL be released in the not-to-distant future, and that the difference of a few days or a few weeks in release is not important enough to get frustrated or angry over.

The importance that people place on this is unbelievable. It's a freakin' OS update. Yes, it'll be great when it arrives - I will be happy and will install it ASAP. But I'm also not going to spend a lot of time fretting over whether it gets released two weeks ago or three weeks from now.

Upvote 0
Wasn't as difficult to do as I had anticipated but it's incorrect that the Market will remember and save all of your Market App downloads. I'm still remembering apps that did not show up after the reset.
Try using AppBrain, it keeps track of your apps and will resync after a Factor Data Reset (once you've loaded the AppBrain app). Saved a bunch of time and frustration with the resets and eventual replacement on my wife's Droid 2.

Upvote 0

Try using AppBrain, it keeps track of your apps and will resync after a Factor Data Reset (once you've loaded the AppBrain app). Saved a bunch of time and frustration with the resets and eventual replacement on my wife's Droid 2.

Just be sure to rename your apps list on the appbrain website. Otherwise when u resync it will erase your apps

This helped me a lot: http://androidforums.com/incredible...lp-reinstalling-apps-appbrain-after-wipe.html

Reactions: MacII and urdaddi
Upvote 0
Since I have only had my DX for about a week, I am loving it over my droid. The only things I miss about Froyo that I had on my D1, was the ability to load apps to the SD card and the way it grouped calls in the call log. Also I am looking forward to the fix in way it handles text messages when composing...ie capitolizing the I when it is alone... Other than that it really does not matter to me as those were the biggest changes from 2.1 to 2.2. Was disappointed the JIT did not do anything for speed on the D1 and the DX has plenty of that!!!!

Upvote 0
...Also I am looking forward to the fix in way it handles text messages when composing...ie capitolizing the I when it is alone...

Wow, you don't know how much that bugs me. Why on earth did it take them to 2.2 to incorporate that little feature anyhow? I've had phones 6 years old that did that.

Now I'm REALLY excited about Froyo!!!! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones