Its gonna be expensive !General

Last Updated:

1. Nex_1

Nex_1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey
    I just red in a blog that it was gonna be $1000 , is it true or should i buy a macbook ? :D

Advertisement
  2. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member

stupid rumor and cann't true or no one will buy it. I would expect $200 with contract and $550 without.

3. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

Nope, you're not alone. I have also read a recent article stating that the price would be, well, pricey. And the $1000 there abouts was what was stated. Ill try and find the article. The hardware alone (especially screen) is going to cause its coin rating to climb.

4. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

5. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

That's the rumored price in Russia.

Even if you live in Russia, it's still a rumor. :)

6. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

You're right. Well all love to speculate :D Id be surprised if its cheap though. I think id still pay a couple of hundred bucks for it either way......yeah I would.

7. chrissyd

chrissyd Well-Known Member

My guess is that this is just a line-holder of sorts. Just like with the Evo 4g which has screen shots of it in various inventory systems with a tag of $5500! Of course this is not the case and no consumer would purchase it for this amount, but my guess it is just some type of a placeholder/business cost amount that will not make it out to the consumer end.

8. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

actually there's already a vendor showing for $999 but not in stock - considering the new super amoled screen and the hummingbird graphics chipset, $1000 might not be far off the mark, for retail contract free price

that might be the reason we're seeing the description change to Amoled screen for the FCC registration approval thing - to lighten the price some.

and if that's the case, wonder if they also downgraded the graphics chipset/processor