Its hard to be patient, waiting for the Epic

Last Updated:

1. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I thought we were all for the freedom of expression on this forum?

The wait is killing me as well, though.

I went to T-Mobile and AT&T to look at their Galaxy S devices... I can't wait for the Epic 4G to get here.

3. blitz118

blitz118 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to get it as well and it's not even for me. l'm getting it for my wife, but I'll get to play with it.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i broke down and put my $50 down at the local best buy today. i was holding out to see if they or radio shack would give some freebies with pre-orders, but i was only the second person in their pre-order folder. i have a feel the price put a bit of a damper on pre-orders.

5. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I was going to do the same, but turns out there only like 5 people on the list. It's very likely that the price is playing a large role in the lack of pre-orders... I say that just mean I will have mine on release day. :cool:

6. PDAGuy

PDAGuy Member

Well, the pre-orders are done so good for you that not lots of people there on the list but from what I've seen this is going to be another high-demand phone for sprint. Good for them.

7. cbanks

cbanks Active Member

Pitty me. I choked on the price so I'm holding out for an Epic. :eek:

Well, only until October 1. No phone? It's bye-bye Sprint!

8. cbanks

cbanks Active Member

I agree 100%. It's why I've rejected the Epic. If Sprint can stock them and charge $200 like every other Android phone on the market, I'll probably bite. I'm even getting over choking over the $15 more per month my service will cost because Sprint is imposing a bogus plan minimum and charging a $10 surcharge for their less than stellar 4G.

I have a sinking feeling that by the time Sprint drops the price my contract will be up and I'll be with another carrier.

9. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I absolutely can't wait! Only 10 more days! Those will be some long a*s days.

10. stephenandrew

stephenandrew New Member

We will have to wait couple of weeks then Epic will be unearth. It is definitely a good smartphone as compared to HTC EVO 4G in many respects.

11. chill145

chill145 Well-Known Member

anybody know if i'd be able to play with the phone before i purchase it. i just got the evo yesterday and love it so far.

but i still want to check out the epic as i've heard great things on it and i have it preordered at the sprint store. but would you recommend setting up another account and trying it out for a while and then return the one i don't like?

12. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

the sprint stores usually have a working one on display for you to play with. good luck getting in line for it.

the evo is a great device, can't go wrong with either.

13. chill145

yeah i mean i love the evo so far but i think any upgrade from my phone i would've loved.

i still think i'll go to the sprint store and check it out just so i don't miss out on something i might like more. downloading a movie now to see how it looks on it and will probably do a game later tonight

14. walord

walord Active Member

Tell me about it. I was first waiting for the EVO then I heard rumor of the Galaxy S Pro. I've been waiting for a decent phone since March and for this phone since June...

15. RussoSerb

RussoSerb Member

Dang, I can't wait either. I think I will pack my tent and setup outside Radio Shack till MY Epic arrives! hahaha. :D Only kidding. I have one on reserve.

16. The-Chef

The-Chef Member

I have a time crunch inbetween dropping my daughter off at school at 8:00, and getting to work at 10:00. Anybody care to hazard a guess at what the line will be like for those of us who pre-ordered?

17. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I am going to guess that it won't take more than 40 minutes at the store I am going to. :D That will be from when I step in the store until I step out.

18. Xenx

Xenx Member

I've got it bad... I've had the Evo up until last week. I was forced to make a difficult decision.

The cpu fan on my gaming computer went out. I had just enough money to pay for the Epic. I had to either go without a computer for 6 weeks, go without the Evo (sell) for 2 weeks, or not get the Epic until at least 4 weeks after release.

Its all I can do, spending almost my entire work day reading reviews and news on the phone.

19. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

I returned my Evo on the 29th day because I knew the Epic was coming. For the past few weeks I have had to rely on a POS LG flip phone. I call it a POS because it stopped charging due to the contact being screwed up. I am relying on google voice to my land line in order to make calls for the next week. When I am out and about, I am completely cut off. I can't wait for Tuesday......

20. Xenx

Xenx Member

And here I thought I had it rough falling back to my Pre.

21. Jebus Christ

Yeah, getting the epic will be like being reconnected with a long lost friend. It's going to be great.

Hell right now I would just be happy if I had a phone that worked for call and text. In few weeks with the flip phone, I've became re assimilated with T9.

22. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Oh god the horror. :(

But hey, Swype is made by the same gentleman who made T9 so thats a plus I guess.

23. chill145

when you get the epic is it going be the $249 price or no. i'm in the same boat, just got an evo with a 2 year contract but my 30 days would be up next month sometime so if i decide i like the epic better it will still be $249 right.

this is probably a dumb question but i don't want to go to sprint and it being more than $249. also would i get that money back returning the evo?

24. keenan6

keenan6 Well-Known Member

yes,

if you were eligible to get the EVO at their discounted price, then you will get the EPIC for $249. As long as you return the EVO within the 30 days.

chill145 likes this.
  25. Jebus Christ

See I'm just a phone *explicit*, I paid full price for the Evo because I was coming from a Hero(which I sold to partially pay for the Evo),I returned the Evo and paid the restocking fee for it because I wasn't really happy with it.

I will be paying ful price for the Epic as well but at this point I could care less.

I might ask em how much it would cost to terminate my line then just open another line.