It's kinda funny........ (OTA/Update related)

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

I kept saying I would wait on the update because of some possible risks concerning future radio updates some posters mentioned on XDA, but this rumor was later debunked.

Anyway I unrooted, downloaded the update, rerooted, and the first thing I did was disable amazonmp3, the new news widget and news sync, wifi hotspot ect...

Basically I was thinking besides the 720p video I went through all this trouble to get the update just so I could disable everything that it came with. :p

Talk about running in circles. And to make matters worse I have not noticed any improved signal or battery life...Wonder if a ppr *228 is in order...

2. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Thats what I was thinking. The only thing I'd like to have is the 720p recording but the FPS is not really great, at least without Froyo. My battery life is more than fine and I have free wifi tethering. I think I'm just going to hold out till froyo comes around and a rooted rom comes out.
  3. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    +1. I have a perfectly good HD video camcorder if I feel the need to shoot video.
    +1. No complaints about battery life, and the only reason I even rooted in the first place was for the WiFi tether.
    +1 as well.

Heck, I could have written this post :D

The only other thing I would add is that I've never had issues with signal strength, and have NEVER dropped a call. Honestly, my Inc is already the best phone I've ever owned, and if I never updated a thing I'd still be thrilled with it.