• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"It's" not "it's"

g4rvd4

Android Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2010
There seems to be a weird issue with the text input..
If I want to type the word "it's", I type the letters i, t, s, and it gives me the options. But even when the word is in the middle of a sentence, the I is capitalized! :O

If I have to type it without the capitalized 'I', I've to click on i, t, then hold for apostrophe, then click s..

This is a major annoyance for me. Is anyone else facing this issue? What do I do about it? I'm stumped. :thinking:

I added "it's" with lowercase i to the dictionary by hitting "add word". Now it comes up as one of my choices by just pressing i then t. Doesnt come up if you press i,t,s, I guess this is a limitation of how the dictionary works and adds punctuation. But Im happy enough to just press i,t then select it.

I am not able to place the apostrophe in the add word box! :(

Upvote 0
Thats weird, works fine putting symbols in there for me, both when adding word in normal text entry and in the user dictionary options. Im using IME mod keyboard, dunno if that makes a difference though.

That could make a difference I suppose. I'm using the stock one. The only symbol I can enter in the add word box is the hyphen..

I just tried entering an apostrophe with Swype, but that doesn't work either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones