It's not the way you hold it after all

1. svrich

svrich Active Member

2. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Holding it that way activates the bug.

It's interesting that Apple have admitted that they were overstating the signal strength...
  3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

trying to dismiss or mask the at&t service issues that have previously plauged the iFail?
  4. TheBrit

Well, yes. They have been overstating the signal strength probably because of AT&T and now they have to stop.

When people find out what signal they are really getting the shit will hit the fan yet again. :rolleyes:
  5. TheBrit

This image came from the link posted by Fonseca. It shows what the problem is with overstating the signal. Still, as the article points out, having an accurate signal reading will not actually make it work where it did not work before.

[​IMG]
  6. entiel

entiel Member

I've just had the mind numbing experience of browsing 6 pages of apple's iphone 4 support forum. There are people there who really believe that an update of signal calculation will actually fix the antenna problem.
  7. Fonseca

Fonseca Well-Known Member

Here is an important quote from the article I posted (for the tl;dr crowd).

-Richard Gaywood—PhD on wireless network design from Cardiff University (just in case anyone wants to doubt his credentials). ;)
  8. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

iSheep listen to the Shepard.
    If he says it's fixed, then it's fixed.
    The reality distortion field is very hard to penetrate.
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Even if they are overstating signal, its not going to help the "grip of death" one bit, and thiers still an antenna flaw.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  10. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Seems to me that the software "fix" is simply designed to redirect blame towards AT&T... If holding the phone a certain way attenuates the signal, no software could possibly unattenuate it. What a childish way out of taking resposibility for releasing a phone with a design flaw...
  11. TheBrit

My point exactly. ;)
  12. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

****ing lol'd at that. You can force the phone to drop a call by moving your pinky finger over the gap. Officially, the phone is next to worthless. You can't even hold the thing right without it malfunctioning. Turns out its just a novelty item. It's fun watching the iFail live up to its name.
  13. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Bexy likes this.
  14. svrich

svrich Active Member

I'm sure it is and, as you say, it has been proven to be the phone. I just found it amusing that they seem to be clutching at straws in trying to say what the problem is and not just hold their hands up and say 'it is the phone'

Who or what will get the blame next, the Icelandic Volcano that grounded flights all over Europe, aliens maybe? ;)

Cheers
  15. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

No, no, no. The signal degradation has nothing to do with AT&T, the phone's design or even software. It's all because the wizard alien is at it again. They must stop him once and for all and then their phone will work as it should!

[​IMG]
  16. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

And that's why you shouldn't buy products upon launch, especially Apple ones, when the blame will be shifted.

I have to be honest and say I was expecting the video to be slightly biased (i'm ashamed to say :eek:) but, it was great having an honest video and, wow they blew the "its just the bars displaying incorrectly" theory out the window! Thanks for sharing the video.
  17. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Whats with the slow ass WiFi on EVO?
  18. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Something is wrong, my Evo blew an iPhone 4 out of the water when opening identical web pages. Even on the same wifi network.
  19. cr0wnest

cr0wnest Well-Known Member

Now now... Everyone knows its the way you hold the phone. Because Steve Jobs said it himself. :D