Its the same phone

Last Updated:

1. skarface08

skarface08 Member This Topic's Starter

The Droid x looks more appealing. The droid 2?!?!?! whats the point if they have the X??

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

the D2 has a keyboard, the X does not.

3. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

Keyboard > No keyboard.

4. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member

Possibly stock android, no motoblur/ninjablur

5. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

I think both have ninjablur.

6. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member

the droid x is just too big in my opinion.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah from the looks of it it has the same blur as the X. So it really just depends if people want a faster processor than the droid and if they want a keyboard.

8. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

They didn't even upgrade to 8MP camera... Its basically a new keyboard layout and faster??? Disappointing...

9. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Megapixel count isn't everything. There are a lot of compact cameras where a higher megapixel count actually reduces quality. Photos become blurry because they're trying to record too much data on too small of a sensor. Granted, sample pictures from the Droid X looked great, but the Droid X might have room for a larger sensor. I'm more concerned about overall image quality than megapixel count.

There's no reason it shouldn't be able to record 720p though.

10. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Droid doesn't have an encrpted bootloader....
    Droid 2 might - we'll just have to wait and see, but if Motorola keeps its word, the D2 will be locked down tight. This will likely put a damper on the custom ROMs scene - at least for a while.

I'm hoping all the efforts being made on the Moto Milestone will pay dividends on the other current Moto devices - like the Droid X and Droid 2.

11. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

Droid 2 will come with Froyo.

12. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

I noticed that they are mostly the same, too. There s no "ninjblur" on any device, but rather a modified version of stock android. I really dont think the Droid 2 is leaps and bounds better than the Droid.

13. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

The keyboard is leaps and bounds better (at least what I've heard) than the Droid's.

14. Nex_1

Nex_1 Well-Known Member

It's basicaly the same as droid 1 , though 1GHz + better GPU + 720p VR

same 5MP , same 3.7'' WFVGA .. but looks better though

15. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

Many people are basing these comparisons on the fact that Droid 1 owners will be the only ones upgrading to the Droid 2.

The Droid 2 is launching very close to Touch Pro2 owners elegibility for Annual Upgrade. I think that will be a big market for those considering a switch to Android. I know I am (considering it).

You might want to check your source on 720p video. I don't think the Droid 2 is going to have it.

16. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

The Droid 2 being an upgraded version of the original Droid seems to me people that favor the original Droid have an easy upgrade there...

Specs as far as I know it doesn't come stock with 2.1, unless they push it out last minute. Upgraded keyboard, but I know a lot of people are irritated with the fact that they got rid of the toggle button. 5mp camera...

A lot of people don't like the software keyboard vs the hardware keyboard. But the X does have superior specs, as does the Incredible.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference?

17. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Unconfirmed 720p recording.

18. dhinged

dhinged Well-Known Member

I think the memory upgrade alone on the Droid 2 is worth it because Flash and 5 homescreens with widgets tend to fight each other for memory, and the processor upgrade is likely to prevent me from flashing other ROMs since I don't use off-market apps or themes.

Since I play nesoid as well I think the keyboard upgrade will be worth it. If Gingerbread won't run on the Droid, then I'll definitely be upgrading when it gets released OTA.

19. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

How are arrow keys an upgrade to the directional pad for nesoid?

20. jradicle11

I think the arrows keys are better. It's just tough to get used to having them on the leftside.

21. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I guess to each their own. I like the D pad.. It is pretty close to what the orginal NES was like.

22. jradicle11

From using both of them, I really do like the arrow keys better. I don't know if I actually like the arrows better or it's just the greatly improved keyboard.

23. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

My wife thinks the Droid X is a little too large for her and she'd like a physical keyboard, I have no problem with the Droid X size or a virtual keyboard with the large screen. So we'll probably be getting both a Droid 2 and a Droid X respectively based on our personal preferences. Probably lots of people making similar decisions.

24. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Tell Mrs. to try the phone out in the store, first. Lots of Droid owners are telling me that they no longer use the physical keyboard. Personally, I find the larger X screen great for movies and general reading. I'm not saying she shouldn't get the 2. I am saying that she should actually have it in hand before making that decision, rather than be regretful after she sees you with yours, making her all whiny and you all miserable-y. ;)

25. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

She has played with both the DX and the Droid as well as the Incredible, Ally, Fathom, etc., that's specifically what made her decide that the DX was too large for her. And while she found the Droid keyboard okay, she actually liked the LG Fathom's keyboard the most and it looks like the Droid 2 keyboard will be more like that. The Droid 2 looks to offer a physical form that she likes, a keyboard she'll like and the same processor and OS as the DX, so just about everything she wanted.

On the other hand, I preferred the large screen and thin form of the DX. Along the same lines, if Verizon does go to tiered data plans we'll likely end up selecting different tiers as our usage will probably vary significantly. That's why it is so great when Verizon can offer multiple options!