It's time mobile industry move to next level

Last Updated:

1. gsp_forum

gsp_forum New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 8, 2010

I think it's time that mobile industry move to next level of evolution. With range of os available (android, symbian, bada, maemo and of course windows mobile), it is not justified that buyer of mobile phone is tied up with whatever the phone manufacturer has to offer.

I think mobile phone manufactures just concentrate in providing a compatible HAL for their handsets and leave the rest to buyer in deciding which os/features he or she prefers to load. of course they may preload things as a starter package to begin with for novoice users.

Is it technically so hard to achieve ? or it's just games mobile manufactures play with consumers ?

2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Mar 10, 2010

As much as I'd like that, you have to remember that different companies modify the OS for their own needs, such as the Sense UI. There might also be a problem with drivers, but I don't know much about these things.

The phone is stuck with a pre-loaded operation system, and often the phone is also stuck with a specific carrier, which is even worse. Maybe someday these things will change.