It's time to be good - which apps are you going to pay for?

Last Updated:

1. bzzzzz

bzzzzz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The great thing about android is that a lot of the apps in the market are free. It's wonderful to have the opportunity to try and use so many useful/entertaining bits of software. However I also recognise that money makes the world go round and in order to support developers then those that can afford to make the contribution should do the honorable thing.

I'm just about to receive my first paycheque since the christmas holidays and I think its about time to upgrade to the paying version or donate to the developer of various apps that I've been using for about a month.

So here's my list of apps which I'm going to be giving my hard earned money to.

Robotic Guitarist - guitar app 0.99 Euro
    Solo - another guitar app

Advertisement
  2. bmwboyee

bmwboyee Well-Known Member

I donate to Flipz!

3. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

I have paid for:
    Nesoid - Nintendo Emulator $3.49
    iLighter - Cool Virtual Lighter $0.99
    Klaxon - Smart Alarm $1.99
    aiFlashlight - Flashlight/Geek Toy $0.99

I paid for these apps during the first month of having the phone... Now there is not much on the market I think I would pay for.

There are allot of apps that are free that I would donate money to the developer as a option... and my donation would probably more than the asking price for most apps. Project INF Beta is a good example (AWESOME!). I would probably donate at least $20.00 to this developer if there was a donate option in the market.

4. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

I find it ironic that your title is "Its time to be good" and you list "music online - music $7.99" as one you will pay for.

5. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Apps i've bought:

Robo Defense
    Abduction! World Attack
    Taskiller Full
    Power Management Full

Apps I wish I hadn't bought:
    All but Robo Defense

I don't think i'll be paying for any others for a while.

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I'd still like there to be a guitar app like on the Iphone. I can't remember what it's called, but it's got the whole fretboard, and you can scroll side to side and select individual strings. That app was pretty sweet, and I'd be more than willing to pay for something similar.

7. Jaredr

Jaredr Member

cachemate pro, texts from last night, and RemoteVNC Pro

the phone sure seems to speed up after using cachemate.

8. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

I have bought:

afirewall- Love this app!!
    BatteryPro
    Beautifulwidgets

And I dont regret any of my purchases :)

9. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

People pay for apps??

10. khaag27

11. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

And if you're clever, you can find almost all of them free of charge off the market ;)

Just saying ...

I do donate, however. I've tossed a bit to Flipz, and will likely chip in a little more as more is added.

12. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

+1, without him I would be too bored to care about paying for apps :D

13. bzzzzz

Good point. Most of the stuff I listen to is from dead artists so I don't feel to guilty and of the stuff I've downloaded I usually have it bought on a different format, but haven't gone through the rigmarole of converting it to mp3 and then copying it across to my phone. I will have to check if I have anything from any new artists and make a donation to those guys as well.

14. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

If its a qaulity app and works well i have no problem paying for it. My most recent purchase is Aldiko ereader and its the best 2 bucks i have spent in the market.
    Music on the other hand is a different story. The big music companies screwed so many people for many years and now its coming back around. The artist getting paid? Totally for it but no more money from me for the big labels.

15. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

So far I've only paid for one app. I used Aldiko reader for a few weeks and loved it so I bought the Premium version for $2. As revtime said, TOTALLY WORTH IT! haha

I'm fine with paying for apps as long as they aren't too expensive. When they start nearing $5 they better be really good if I'm going to pay. Anything more than $5 and I have a hard time shelling out the dough.

Also, there are some free apps that I love that I would be willing to pay a couple dollars for, but they don't even have a paid version available. I would totally pay a dollar or two for SportsTap, Shopsavvy and Tunewiki.

16. bzzzzz

who is flipz

17. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

He's the second guy to make a custom rom. A lot of people keep forgetting that Modaco is the one who started this all. So without him there would be no flipper.

18. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

19. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I purchased Weatherbug Elite.

I need to donate to aCar and Calwidget.

20. NoNeck

NoNeck Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about paying for beautiful widgets.

21. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

I personally could not live without pure grid calendar and have paid for it. Coming from a treo and then centro, I got really used to color based calendars and appointments...the stock calendar is sorely lacking in this area! The bars all the way across indicate all day events. The smaller squares tell me of appointments and depending on how far it is to the left, what time of day (am -->pm). Tapping a particular date brings me to the actual built in calendar, day view.
    [​IMG]

22. khaag27

Those apps are awesome

23. markwill

markwill Member

I have only had my Hero for a week so haven't needed to purchase an app yet. However, I am thinking of purchasing ForeFlight Weather, although I think it's overpriced: ForeFlight Weather: Android Aviation Apps

Regretfully, the "main deal" from ForeFligh, their Mobile 3.0 product(ForeFlight: iPhone software application for pilots with aviation weather, AFD, flight plan filing, METARs, TAFs and more), is only available for IPhone. I might be interested in that if it becomes available for the Android but then there are the data fees associated with this, which run to $75 per year.

I don't know of any realistic alternatives to this but would love to learn of any.

Thanks.

Mark

24. pipskicks

pipskicks Well-Known Member

I thought about some language packs...then I thought I could do something similar myself and I don't need it so bad.

I LOVE Fresh 1.1 and the themes, so I have donated more than most people probably pay for apps to Flipz and NOJ, but they put a lot of time into this (probably as much or at least very close to the people who make these paid apps) and don't ask for anything in return.