Its two years nowGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-11-28 19:40:00
  1. Driftfog

Driftfog Well-Known Member

So I have upgraded my phone ;)
    I went for the HTC One X Plus :D and after my first 24 hours I am very imprest how things in HTC have evolved.

Its a bummer about the ICS update and I would have kept the Desire HD a tad longer had we got it or passed it to a family member but they are demanding newer stuff so a mate has bought my Desire HD for his daughter.

Just a post and a thank you for all your help here in this section of the forum and hope to see you in the "Other areas" :D (Mrs has an S2 and my son may get the s3 or Sony Experia so I will be about annoying people on this ever so helpful form for a good while yet :p

Thanks guys ;)
    Ste

Advertisement
    CDPlant and D-U-R-X like this.
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Nice to see your promoting android to your family and friends
    Driftfog likes this.
  3. Driftfog

Liamo_210 I am not the most techi guy around but the system is so good and simple it makes life easy :D
    As for the windows laptops I am forever running around checking for the kids and Mrs (slipped in a Sony tablet S a while ago to ease this lol)

Personally I like the freedom of Android and quality without having your pants pulled down ;)

Ste
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hope that you enjoy the new phone. By what others have said, you won't be disappointed with the One X+! :)
  5. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I am find the One X Plus to be an interesting upgrade option, ever since reading the GSM Arena battery life tests. Please do give some feedback.
  6. Driftfog

Its early days but its noticeable how sleeker it operates and I thought the DHD was quite good but I do miss uploading picture to Facebook via Sense as you have to log into FB each time now, there maybe a way around this I am jet to discover and will ask on the One x plus forum.

Other than that minor bump I am loving it.

I will keep you updated on battery life after its run a few cycles of charging and running down.
    I know the battery is upgraded but with the extra processing power and bigger screen I am expecting the same or similar battery performance to the DHD, if so I will be happy as I charge it up at night as it usually just gets me that far.
    ral likes this.
  7. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Thanks. If you are use Twitter, one thing I have been disappointed with Sense 4 when I tried Sense 4 ROM's on my DHD was the Twitter app. With the DHD I could set how many tweets I wanted to download and the frequency I wanted the app to sync. With the new HTC Twitter app, it seems the only option is to manually update yourself by clicking the update button.
  8. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Is it the same with the Twitter app (not the HTC one)?
  9. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Sorry. I am asking about the HTC Twitter app, the one that replaced HTC Peep.
  10. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoy your new phone :D are you on EE and have the LTE version? If so I would be interested to see what sort of data speeds you're getting
  11. Driftfog

Hi CDPlant, no sadly not on EE its still a bit expensive at the minute but I reckon on the next upgrade in a couple of years it may be comparable with 3G costs now (hopefully) and the data allowance can keep up with the speeds lol.
    CDPlant likes this.
  12. Driftfog

Its been a week now, my phone usage is a bit less than it was due to a new job but I take the phone off charge at 0.630 and recharge it at around 22.30.
    With the DHD it was usually below 20% but the One X Plus its amazingly enough 65% and once 75% and thats taking into account "new phone syndrome" :D

So I am very very happy with that though I would class my usage as the lower end of moderate use.
    ral likes this.