iTunes Agent, Salling, Hero and Cover Art Mystery

Last Updated:

1. imahawki

imahawki Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried both iTunes Agent and Salling Software to sync my Hero with iTunes. Both software work but both also only have SOME of the music having cover art. I originally copied over 6 albums. 2 displayed the correct cover art and the other 4 were blank. All six albums have the correct cover art in iTunes itself. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. gratefldiver

gratefldiver Member

In iTunes the cover art is NOT included in the id3 tags as most other music apps do. The cover art is added to a separate sub directory called Album Art in the Album directory so when you "sync" or copy files from iTunes to something such as Salling or iTunes Agent you will only get album art if the original file had the art included in the id3 tag. I have the same issue as I source my mp3 and aac files from many places and copy those into my iTunes Library. Any albums I import directly into iTunes or purchase from the iTunes store will not carry art over to any of the other music apps I have used. I am hopeful that someone in the community will develop an album art fetcher one of these days!

3. imahawki

imahawki Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for responding. I found a kludgey work around via google. **Assuming your albums have the right artwork in iTunes** Go into the album you want artwork on your Hero. Right click the first song -> get info -> click the artwork tab -> right click the image and select copy and then click OK -> Select ALL the songs in the album -> right click and get info -> in the main tab there is a small artwork image box in the lower right -> right click and do paste -> the artwork will appear and the check box will get checked. Now that artwork get written into the ID3 tags and will work on your Hero.