iTunes Album Fragmentation

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well a few days ago i posted about how some of the albums on my phone that i transferred over via DoubleTwist were fragmented. In fact a couple albums were split into just one song but all the albums were named the same and showed up under the title in the music browser.

I tried several things to get my albums back in order and failed, so i ended up just deleting the folder, retransferring the music via DoubleTwist (i could have saved time if i had just done what i'm about to tell you) and then navigate to the Music folder on the phone manually via my pc. Once in the music folder i noticed a bunch of folders in different artists names. What had happened is doubletwist or itunes thought the different spellings of the name meant it was another artist, i don't know what changed from v1.5 to 2.1 but for some reason these were being split up into seperate albums.

So to fix this i just copied and pasted the m4a files from where they were to where they belonged and deleted the folder of where they came from. Then disconnect the phone from usb and let it remount the sd card. Then goto the music player and play a song, any song and go to the music managers menu, the albums should now be fixed and back in the correct places where they belong.

It does take alittle bit to get it all completed and i recommend making a backup of the Music folder once you have everything in place how you want it, in case doubletwist tries to undo some of the changes you made down the road. Also when adding future music i'd recommend not syncing the phone but rather dragging and dropping the music files from the browser to the music icon on your phone in doubletwist, so it doesn't mess things up.

Anyhow after doing the above my albums are back in order and in the end it really wasn't that much work, however i'm lucky(or unlucky) i don't have that much music in the first place.

Advertisement