iTunes-like Music Syncing (Linux/Ubuntu)

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All,

Over the years I've been able to get my fiancee to (for the most part) comfortably use Ubuntu on my computers. Recently I got her to jump ship to the DI and so far she is loving it. My request now is, what is the EASIEST program to sync music with? (Obviously, it needs to be Linux compatible)

I've never been a music/mp3 listener so I'm not real fluent on the best methods for storing/playing music. Do you keep all your music in one folder on your phone or SD card? Do you organize it via folders? Do you use the stock music player app? If you all don't mind, give me ideas on the best music management and I'll get her setup and running smoothly so she'll never look back to iPods/Windows again!!

Advertisement
  2. cartisdm

bump?

3. sljenkins87

sljenkins87 New Member

I want to know about this too if yyou have got any new updates can you let me know

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

5. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure, but I think Banshee or Rhythmbox work really well. I don't sync music myself. I prefer manual drag and drop into my "music" folder on my external sd card. So I'm never much help in these areas.
    But everyone raves about Banshee. In fact it works well with the ipod syncing as well.

6. cartisdm

I should have chimed back in this thread a while back. I ended up trying out Rhythmbox and Banshee. Rhythmbox didn't seem to like my Droid right out of the box and I didn't feel like configuring anything. Banshee worked perfectly and I've been using it ever since. It's great because it allows you to choose all your sync options from manual, automatic, certain songs, etc. I highly recommend it!

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. KryPTiC

KryPTiC Member

Yeah Banshee works awesome, been using it for everything for a couple years now (ipod,android) ... the custom playlists are cool to, you can set it up to pick all your rock,metal,rap whatever or mix it all together with percentages, pretty sweet piece of software, plus it's fast.