iTunes movies onto Droid?

Last Updated:

1. Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to get the movies that I purchased on iTunes onto my Droid. But when I tried to upload them using Double Twist it said they were protected. Is there anyway to get around the protection? Or has anyone had any luck getting itunes purchased movies onto their Droid?

Advertisement
  2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

You can drag and drop them - but they will not work. You must remove the DRM. I know with songs you can pay Apple some blood money to remove the encryption; not sure about videos. I am sure there are more nefarious ways of going about this; but I don't think those types of discussions are allowed on these forums.

Anyways let this be a lesson to you in the future.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

4. vry5

vry5 Well-Known Member

Using doubletwist, you should get a dialog box with a link to the "Upgrade to iTunes Plus"... I know that Video Podcasts that I had downloaded were upgraded, but I don't have any purchased video to confirm whether that would be included or not...

On a separate issue, I am having a LOT of trouble re-finding the "upgrade your library to PLUS" site... anyone been able to just Navigate to it, and if so, how?

5. kennyidaho

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

There is a link about half way down which is what I assume you are talking about. I click on it and it yells at me to install trash.

6. Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I emailed Apple, and I'll post their response when I get it.

7. kennyidaho

ha ha I am sorry but what do you want them to say? First they are going to tell you that they don't support 3rd Party apps like DoubleTwist and second they will tell you if you want to remove the copy protection (ie make it work on a device not manufactured by Apple) then you will need to pay them more $$$.

You bought into a system intentionally designed to make it hard for you to leave. All the music and movies you purchased on iTunes ONLY work on Apple products unless you pay the extra cost per track/video to free up your music/video.

If you have a lot of items you'll have to pay for then you will probably worth your time to obtain them in some other fashion or use a means to break the copy protection. This will be time consuming - if you don't have a lot of things to pay for then maybe you should just pay the extortionist and get the hell out.

By all means keep using your iPod if you like it (I even have one!) just stop buying your media from it!

8. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see the response from the company that temporarily blocked a developers app just because he used the "A-word" in the description.

9. kennyidaho

Android Android Android - now I am going to Apple purgatory!

10. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i no! i say it all the time, type it, use it! great, i am damned now!?

11. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I think tunebite would let you copy drm videos. It would record a video of your computer screen while your watching the movie. That is the only way around the DRM that I know.

12. kennyidaho

Yeah $40 might be cheaper then what the OP has to pay the Apple.

13. jessicawell

jessicawell New Member

As we known,all the music and videos that you purchased has DRM protection added onto them. You are unable to put the iTunes music onto Droid directly unless you remove DRM protection first.there are many methods, such as CD burning and ripping and so on or using some removal software to deal with it

14. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Apple will not remove the DRM on movies. AFAIK the only way to get DRM free movies on your computer is to rip the dvd your self. Or go to the cove the buccaneers hang out in.