iTunes MusicGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Calkacky

Calkacky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I read somewhere about an app that I could download so that I can transfer my music from iTunes to my droid. I cannot find it now! Can anyone help me? Is it fairly simple? And, will it transfer my playlists too?

Oh, and if you use a cool music organizer app that you downloaded from the market, can you share it too?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. McFluffnStuff

McFluffnStuff Active Member

I believe doubletwist does this. I may be wrong though, I've never actually used it.

3. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

DoubleTwist does this. If you have a large library, it is grindingly slow.

4. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Doubletwist is more of an iTunes "replacement." It requires you to install the doubletwist media player on your phone, as well as a client on your desktop that acts as a media player and what you use to push your music to your phone.

I've got the phone half of it installed this afternoon, but didn't do the PC side because my internets were down. (Friggin Comcast.) I've heard that it does everything that you want it to, but with less polish and shine than the current iTunes version.

If I get around to installing the computer half of things in the next few days I'll try and remember to pop back in here and let you know how it goes.

5. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

You actually only need Doubletwist on your computer.

6. Calkacky

Thanks y'all. I installed DT but quickly jumped back over to wanting iTunes. My main complaint with DT is telling how I added new songs to it. For example, I put several 100 songs on it that were on iTunes. Last night though I bought 15ish more songs. On iTunes you can tell what was recently downloaded so that you can put them in playlists. Also, iTunes will only sync what you don't already have. I couldn't figure out either one of these things on DT. Am I missining something on it?

Thanks!

7. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I use Salling Media Sync. It taps into the iTunes library and syncs any non-DRM songs and playlists. It's been working great for me.

Calkacky likes this.
  8. Calkacky

Thanks LED I will give that a try this evening.

9. Calkacky

LED---you are my new best friend. I have been trying to be able to keep my itunes music player on my laptop but still be able to put the songs on my Eris along with my playlists and you solved my problem and made doing it so super easy!!!

I got home this even and downloaded Salling and it was a easy as pie, as they say, to download it and get everything transfered over. I AM IN HEAVEN.....YIPPPPEEE!!!!!!!

Thanks again!

10. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Cool. I'm glad that worked out for you. It worked so well for me, I paid them for the full version that truly syncs the music.

Calkacky likes this.
  11. Calkacky

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pay them too. That way it will only sync new stuff and not my whole library. I was 99% in love with my Eris and now, thanks to you and Salling, I'm 100% in love with it.