• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTunes style photo sync - does this exist for android?

joe281180

Lurker
May 3, 2010
Hi

Does anyone know a way to sync photos from a windows 7 PC to android in the same way that itunes syncs to an iphone?

What I mean by that is that itunes on the PC will create a smaller (lower resolution) version of each photo before copying them to the iphone. Does anyone know of a similar PC application that can do this to sync to an android phone? I don't have enough storage space on my phone to copy all my photos over at their full resolution.
I know there are plenty of PC applications out there for batch re-sizing photos, but I'm hoping to find something that will do it automatically at the same time of syncing to the android phone - I don't really want to have to manually create a resized copy every time I save a new folder full of photos, then copy that to the phone as that seems like a lot of hassle - hence I'm wondering if anyone knows of an itunes style solution for android where I can just connect the phone to my PC, click sync and any new folders containing photos are automatically copied to the phone at a lower resolution.

Thanks for any ideas

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones