iTunes U content for android

Last Updated: 2013-05-11 20:55:23
  1. itzikfrid88

itzikfrid88 New Member

I'm desperately trying to find content for Android that is avail on iTunes U, like the Yale University courses i had there. any idea how can i get it? tx

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

AFAIK the iTunes U materials are mostly MP4 videos, MP3s and PDFs, no DRM or anything Apple specific. Download the course materials using iTunes as normal with your PC or Mac, and copy them to your Android. Either by using something like DoubleTwist or just by copying the files straight to your Android device.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I hate iTunes on Windows. The second most buggiest POS (Piece of Software, guys) on Windows. However, iTunes U is a very very good thing.

Now to find alternate methods of getting said content without actually having to install iTunes....
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I also find iTunes U to be a really great resource for my job and interests. At the moment I have iTunes(Apple's bloated POS) on my office PC, and just copy the content to my Android phone and tablet.

AFAICT iTunes U uses XML RSS feeds, rather like podcasts. Would these work with a regular podcast aggregator? I've not actually tried this myself yet. Probably would still need the iTunes Store to find those feeds.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If that were the case, though, then once could conceivably run iTunes on a dummy computer and aggregate the XML and RSS feeds and then just pass them off into Google Reader or some other Atom / RSS reader, right?

Hmmmmm....... :D
  6. itzikfrid88

itzikfrid88 New Member

thanks a lot, guys
  7. chriss83

chriss83 New Member

Alternatively I can recommend the iTunes U App TuneSpace for Android which is available on Google Play.