ITV PLayer and BBC I player

1. terryb2000

terryb2000 New Member

Hi,

I have recently switched to a galaxy samsung 3 and have an exisiting Galaxy tablet 10.1.

I have tried to download firstly ITV player and I get the message that the application is not compatible with either device. I have downloaded the latest firware and have flash player installed.

I have visited the ITV website directly and when I try to download it directs me to the google play store and I am still unable to download.

Does anyone know if the application is actually available on my devices and if so what I can do download?

Secondly I have managed to install BBC iplayer, however, when I try to play a programme it informs me that I need to connect to a wi fi network. The strange thing is I am connected to wi fi so not too sure why I am getting this error message.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to rectify this problem.

Advertisement
  2. Marvolo

Marvolo New Member

Hi TerryB2000,
    I too (along with millions of others I should imagine) have the same problem on my galaxy ace and my Yarvik tablet. I can't find any useful info anywhere as to why this is. From what I can gather from the BBC info, both devices should work with the new BBC media player app (which seems to be universally panned btw) but they don't. I can't find a d efinitive list of which hardware/software version permutations currently work and which don't.
    Hopefully this will jog an answer to both our queries....