• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I've already done a few things and have been out of the loop for a while, what next?

ca5bah

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
Howdy, so I am already S-off'd and rooted running an ICS rom on my VM Evo V 4g. As of now MMS is iffy and 4G does not work to my knowledge. I've been out of the loop for a few months and was wondering what I need to do to catch up on the custom advancements.

I think I need to:

Flash a new radio firmware?
Fix MMS?
Fix 4G?

Can anyone give me a lowdown on what I should get caught up with in regards to those 3 topics? What do I need to do to have absolutely everything working correctly on a custom rom?

Howdy, so I am already S-off'd and rooted running an ICS rom on my VM Evo V 4g. As of now MMS is iffy and 4G does not work to my knowledge. I've been out of the loop for a few months and was wondering what I need to do to catch up on the custom advancements.

I think I need to:

Flash a new radio firmware?
Fix MMS?
Fix 4G?

Can anyone give me a lowdown on what I should get caught up with in regards to those 3 topics? What do I need to do to have absolutely everything working correctly on a custom rom?

What Rom are you on now?
I thought most of the ics roms had everything working, so you may want to do a fresh install after a full wipe.

If you're having these issues, I would suggest first running ruu.
Then update you're phone through OTA's
Once that's done everything should work, and you can root again and flash something else if you want.

Upvote 0
Well, MMS being iffy...did you change the radio?

The stock radio that came with the Evo V originally kind of...well...was terrible.

WiMax isn't available everywhere. I know I don't have it here. But its fine with me.

Like others said though. What ROM are you on?

I am currently running MidnightRomCM Version 1.0.5.

Kernel 3.0.70-cyanogenmod+

If you're having these issues, I would suggest first running ruu.
Then update you're phone through OTA's

The stock radio that came with the Evo V originally kind of...well...was terrible.

That is what I am mostly asking about, when I put the rom on here there wasn't a wide array of fixes for the radio. Which would you suggest?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones