I've got to ask this...

Last Updated:

1. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using Titanium to back up apps/data/system. When I wanted to restore everything, I hit restore app + data + system (after I flashed a stock rooted ROM) and it took forever to restore...so slow, I did it through appbrain. However, after looking at the Titanium's website, it says hit restore (whatever you're trying to restore) and reboot. So are they saying literally hit restore and reboot (no waiting for anything) and everything is done? If so, 1. I feel like a dumbass 2. That's so freaking easy.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The reason that it takes forever is because it has to install every backed up app as well as all system data like bluetooth pairings and Wifi profiles. The instructions on the website mean that you should hit restore and after the phone is finished working THEN reboot. So basically you did everything correctly...

sag7392 likes this.
  3. sag7392

Thanks for responding. Coming from the Blackberry world, a O/S swap...even hybrid O/S's took about an hour to complete with most of your data fully restored. I left my phone alone for about 3hrs (I have about 55 apps) it was only at 3%. So I take it, it's safe to say that a restore can take around 5+ hours, depending on how many apps you have? If so, I won't be flashing to many ROM's, lol. There's got to be a faster way.

Just to restore one app + data (shapewriter) took about an hour.

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Yea.. I don't think it should be taking that long. I had the same issue when I was trying to back up all my data, the process seemed to stop at a point and it didn't want to go past that.

So basically I gave up and just backed up all my new apps and stuff that wasn't already backed up from a previous run. I always selectively restore my apps and info so I don't know exactly how long it should take but definitely not 5 hours...

sag7392 likes this.
  5. sag7392

Okay, I was wondering if it was just me. I found that using appbrain to reinstall the apps and then using Titanium to restore the data was much faster. Not to mention, I got rid of some apps that I don't use.

One more question...every time I start up Titanium, I get this message saying that I need to check the USB Debugging box. I thought that was used when flashing a ROM. I mean I used it during the UR3 install, but unchecked it after that. So do I need to leave that checked or what?

TIA!