I've had it a week and I have a few questions...Support

Last Updated:

1. yoshi98bc

yoshi98bc Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my incredible a week and I have a few questions. I have searched the forums but cannot seem to find the answers I am looking for so I apoligoze if I missed a post the answers to these questions.

1.Bluetooth - It pairs with my car just fine but I would love to be able to transfer my whole phonebook to my car. I know I can send one contact at a time but can I send the whole phonebook?

2.Bluetooth - When I use the phone to dial a number and I am connected to bluetooth, the audio goes to the phone and I have to manuallys end it to the bluetooth. This is a real pain. Am I missing something? Is there an app that helps with this?

3.Copy, Cut and paiste in Gmail - Does this even work? I cannot figure it out.

4.WiFi signal Strength - I have never had wifi on a phone prior to the incredible, but it seems that I can connect to my home network without issues but when the signal gets low I cannot browse the internet. I was wondering if there is a setting or app that can switch to 3g when the wifi signal is connected but poor.

5.LED - No matter what I do, I cannot get the LED to turn off with gmail, even with gmail notifier. Any ideas?

6.Handcent - Turning off the LED seems to be broken in the latest release. The option is grayed out but checked and I cannot even access it.

7.Notepad - I need a good suggestion for a quaility notepad app, maybe even one with voice to text.

8.Weather and Clock widget - Does one exist that allows me to use any weather program and any clock program that I may choose.

9.Playing Movies - can anyone suggest a good divx.movie app.

Thanks for any help. I'm a former blackberry user that has made the switch and I'm just looking for a little guidance.

Advertisement
  2. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

Edited to OP's comments.....

3. yoshi98bc

Thanks for that useless response.

4. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

Omitted due to op's comment

5. yoshi98bc

Since you seem to have all the answers maybe you could tell me exactly where in the manual these answers are. Now, since I have read the manual, I can tell you that they aren't. Maybe you need to read it.

I was looking for intelligent reponses to these questions. But since your response aren't, could you please refrain from further reponses to this thread. Thank you.

6. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

For #7, I use AK Notepad. It works pretty well, and with anything that uses a text field, 2.1 will allow you to use text to speech. Just click on the microphone button to the left of the comma button.

7. yoshi98bc

Thanks for #7. Works well.

Also, I believe an app called bluetooth file transfer may transfer all contacts to my car at once. Haven't tried it in the car yet. Anyone have experience with this app?

8. yoshi98bc

Well, bluetooth file transfer did not work in my car in an attempt to transfer all contacts at once.

9. tvn300

tvn300 Member

#3 can usually be accomplished by pressing the screen in the text area for a "long hold" (1/2 second or so). This should bring up a cut, copy paste screen.

10. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

Sounds like its your BT device... Also the INC does not yet support BT Dial.

Have not encountered this as when I'm out of reach of my home or work networks it switches to 3G automatically.

Not following you on this one...

Can't stand Handcent! Stock app has better features!

Try WeatherBug - Has some nice widgets. BeautifulWidgets also has some nice Weather features.

I use the Gallery Movie player and Act 1 Video Player...