• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've had my Epic since release week, almost ready to move on...few ?s

greyraven40

Sep 16, 2010
Overall, I've enjoyed the phone. Only major, MAJOR complaint has always been battery life. I've read every single tip and trick to get better battery life with no luck. It's awful. I ended up buying a ton of extra batteries on ebay (3500s, and 1500s) from Hong Kong. Honestly, I think they don't come close to 3500 or 1500. They're worse than the stock battery. My biggest issue now is that I'll have well over 50% battery life remaining and my phone will just shut off either mid call or mid browse and have to reboot. Any explanation for this?
okay thanks for your time,
grey

Overall, I've enjoyed the phone. Only major, MAJOR complaint has always been battery life. I've read every single tip and trick to get better battery life with no luck. It's awful. I ended up buying a ton of extra batteries on ebay (3500s, and 1500s) from Hong Kong. Honestly, I think they don't come close to 3500 or 1500. They're worse than the stock battery. My biggest issue now is that I'll have well over 50% battery life remaining and my phone will just shut off either mid call or mid browse and have to reboot. Any explanation for this?
okay thanks for your time,
grey

I am no maven here. But to a degree you get what you pay for. Try an Amzur (sp ) or a Siedo 3400 MA or whatever their highest is. You will have good results. I carry an extra regular battery and am a heavy user. I can make a long day ( and night ) at a convention with two regulars just fine. Good luck. I get a bit of lag. One day I will over clock the thing 200 Hz that should smooth it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones