• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've had my phone for more than 2 weeks. Will they let me exchange?

kmt83923

Jul 18, 2010
My phone has started freezing and lagging much more frequently, and it's becoming problematic. Additionally, my battery is suddenly draining faster than it was previously. Although I'm past the 2 week point, will they exchange my phone if I take it in to a T-Mobile store and describe my problems? I have insurance on it if that helps my case at all.

Should I take my SIM card out before doing a Factory Reset? My phone has been lagging a lot more lately... and the Battery (pretty much the past two days, but mostly today) has been draining at an unbelievable rate (with all the "power saving" options)... I have until Sunday, so I want to try this before taking it back.

Upvote 0
i wonder how many apps you have hanging on in the background, draining your battery and using precious memory space. have you tried a task manager? i use advanced task manager, free in the market, and be sure to end all processes that you aren't currently using. you'd be surprised whats running on your device just after powering it on.

Upvote 0
I've had my vibrant for maybe 4 weeks now and the battery has improved, under normal use I can get up o 2 days of use.

I'm running stock, rooted only because I tried the Vibrant4 Rom and GPS fix, but in the end came back to stock.

I'm using a static wall paper, mostly black, and general use throughout the day is the usual, texting, email, the occasional game, web browsing and RSS feeds (directly via google reader).

I've just gotten used to the fact that this phone needs to be plugged in whenever I have the opportunity, but overall I've found that keeping GPS and WIFI off when not in use has helped me a lot.

Upvote 0
sorry if im off topic but I lost my vibrant and dont have insurance( yea i know stupid me) will tmobile allow me to buy full retail phone or any type of phone ?

Aww I feel bad for you, that must be horrible. I hope someone returns it to t-mobile for you, or you end up finding it.

Yes, t-mobile will let you buy a new phone, but you have to pay full retail price. Now that you are paying full retail, try to find the phone cheaper someplace else. Maybe you can call t-mobile, explain the situation, although they won't provide full upgrade price, they may provide some help.

:( hope you find it.

Reactions: phantom phenom
Upvote 0
Aww I feel bad for you, that must be horrible. I hope someone returns it to t-mobile for you, or you end up finding it.

Yes, t-mobile will let you buy a new phone, but you have to pay full retail price. Now that you are paying full retail, try to find the phone cheaper someplace else. Maybe you can call t-mobile, explain the situation, although they won't provide full upgrade price, they may provide some help.

:( hope you find it.

is full retail for vibrant 449$ right ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones