I've lost all my contacts. What can I do?

1. andreihtc

andreihtc New Member

I have a Desire HD.
    So, I did a factory reset about an hour ago. I knew my contacts and stuff would get deleted, but I did sync them just before doing it.

So um... nothing from what I expected happened. My android version is the same right now (2.3.5) - I wanted an earlier version because the phone moves really slow.

And now, when I go to sync contacts, I didn't get any new contacts.

I am legit ****ED. Seriously. I need those numbers or else I am done for!

Is there any way to get those contacts back after a factory reset? Like get them from my google account where I've synced it before?

Advertisement
  2. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Open google on your pc. If the contacts are there, you will be able to sync them as long as you use the same gmail account on your phone. If you decide to change your gmail id on your phone, you should be able to export/import from your old account.
  3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Also, factory reseting the phone will not change the OS version. To do that you will have to flash the ROM. Most manufacturers do not offer or allow reverting to a previous version "officially". To accomplish that may require flashing to a rooted ROM.

I'm moving this to the Desire section where it should get you some better advice. Good luck!
  4. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I too would recommend checking that you can access your contact list on your PC and then taking it from there. But, to be on the safe side, I would back them up from the PC by exporting them before you do anything else. You shouldn't need to do this, but it never hurts to be cautious!