I've made a terrible mistake (Downloaded Verizon Update)Support

1. Kimo19

Kimo19 Member

I downloaded the Verizon update to my S4 but now I don't want to install it. I get popups saying to install now or later and if I click later it wants to set a time for when.

I can exit the windows but they come back up everytime I unlock my phone.

Is there a way to disable or delete the update file?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

Are you rooted? If so, see my post (#7) in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s4-all-things-root/724327-stop-future-otas.html

If not, the reminders should stop if you flat-out say "No, Thanks" to the update. Don't delay them, because it will eventually install! You can't stop the download, but you should be able to stop Big Red from installing it. The file will still be there, waiting for you to go back in and tell it to go ahead and install when you decide to.

If this doesn't work, then I don't have an answer for you. My apologies...
  3. backdoc77

backdoc77 Well-Known Member

I just received the update today but have it scheduled to install at 1am. Anyone know what changes will come with this update?
  4. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

Verizon closed the door on root. Will unroot your phone and make it unrootable.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Not only that, but it eliminates the loki bootloader exploit making it so that you can't flash custom roms, kernels, or recovery.
  6. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

If you don't care about rooting, is there any drawback to the update? I think someone mentioned a hit to battery life by about 15%.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I've heard that in order to get the wifi-toggle to appear, you have to factory reset.
  8. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard that part. I don't really mind not having the wifi toggle. I just use a Beautiful Widget toggle and I don't think I've ever even had to turn off wifi. Now if it took that darn block out of the pull down notification area about wifi networks (when I'm already on one!!! grr!!)-- that would be worth a factory reset!