I've never experienced a phone with so many things wrong with it.General

Last Updated:

1. buydavidarchuletanov11

buydavidarchuletanov11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. In the first week. Things are already beginning to not work properly.
    2. Maybe because it's my first hi-tech phone with so many features?
    3. Constantly having questions about things.
    4. Getting frustrated with the fact that the phone doesn't even have simple applications, like sending to mass contacts, yet you have to dl an app etc.
    5. I know it's a new phone, but look at it realistically, people are complaining about it left and right.
    6. I spent too much money on this phone.
    7. With more time, I hope it's all WORTH IT.

Since I've never owned any smart phone or whatever, is it common for phones like Blackberry's, etc etc etc to have all these types of glitches and things. Not to mention my phone refuses to ring anymore when i get calls or texts..

Wouldn't you be frustrated?

Sidebar: Everytime I close my screen, the orange thing to indicate that it's on the icon just stays there, and basically freezes, and never goes away.

I think my phone rings so much that it's killing it's ability to ring or something, but all the volume controls are not even in sync correctly anymore, it's super loud when it's still set to low or what have you..

Advertisement
  2. Coz

Coz Member

I have yet to experience any of the problems you are mentioning. My orange sidebar has never stayed orange unless I am touching it. My volume levels seem to work properly. And the phone always notifies me of phone calls and/or texts in the manner I have it set to notify me (i.e. volume level, ring tone, notification at top or not, etc.)

If you are honestly having hardware and/or software issues with the phone, you might want to take this opportunity to exercise your 1-year manufacturer warranty.

3. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

The reason it stays orange is because its curently being highlighted by the track ball's "cursor", basicly if you were to click on the track ball at that time it would open. Touch any blank part of the screen to unselect the tab.

And you can send mass mesages. Just seperate each contact with a comma. John Doe, Jane Doe, Mark Jones, etc.

4. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

yeah, if it's orange, that's highlighting waiting for you to do something. It took me a bit to realize I was accidentally highlighting things with the trackball.

When you use your finger, the highlighting happens, it just doesn't wait for further input. It reads a finger on an icon as "Hightlight" & "Run" at the same time. If you use the trackball for navigation, you're allowed to jump from icon to button to icon with the orange highlight and then pressing the trackball down (like a button) to "run" the program or execute the command. This isn't an error, this is Android waiting for you to make the next move.

Also, you can do a mass text without downloading any extra software. It's quite simple.

-With the keyboard open already, Open Messaging
    -Tap "New Message"
    -Now, the "To" field is already highlighted. All you have to do is start typing a name with the keyboard. You have to put in at least two characters before it starts offering suggestions based on first name, last name, or corresponding numbers on a phone keypad (ABC = 1, etc) The suggestions will appear below the "To" field. If you don't see the name, you can scroll or keep typing. As soon as you see the name, tap it (or click with trackball) This will automatically put the associated phone number in the To field, as well as adding a coma after it. Now you are ready to start typing the next name. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be sending mass mails fairly quickly.

5. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

why are your sentences numbered? alot of them arent even "problems" with the phone.

1. Its like
    2. talking
    3. like this.
    4. what does this
    5. even mean?

6. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

How many more replies that give zero contribution do you plan to continue making? We've been watching you post things like this for a good while now. It's starting to get real old to log on in the morning and see you've replied to 15 threads - a portion of them being replies that make me wish you'd stop posting altogether.