I've searched.Support

1. timbone

timbone Member

I've searched the forums, and i couldn't find my answer so here goes..

i recently replaced my broken droidx2 digitizer with a new one. the phone is all back together, i have horrible battery life, about 2 hours on full charge, and 2of the hard buttons do not work.. so my question is; do i have a bent ribbon cable or?

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Moved to the DX2 forums, the folks here should be best qualified to answer you question.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yes, timbone, it appears that the device has become damaged. The lack of functionality in 2 of the 4 real buttons points to that. The very short battery life tells us also that some of the damage is in the charging circuit (unless you feel a lot of warmth/heat when the device is not being used, that would indicate something freewheeling such as a sync loop, etc).

You have some choices, of course; I'm sure you've already contemplated all that. ;). As for me, I'd take it once to a local cell phone repair place and have it looked at. I wouldn't fool with it myself, but that's just me.

Perhaps it's time for a replacement, unless your provider has another resolution for you.