I've searched.Support

1. timbone

timbone Member

I've searched the forums, and i couldn't find my answer so here goes..

i recently replaced my broken droidx2 digitizer with a new one. the phone is all back together, i have horrible battery life, about 2 hours on full charge, and 2of the hard buttons do not work.. so my question is; do i have a bent ribbon cable or?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Moved to the DX2 forums, the folks here should be best qualified to answer you question.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yes, timbone, it appears that the device has become damaged. The lack of functionality in 2 of the 4 real buttons points to that. The very short battery life tells us also that some of the damage is in the charging circuit (unless you feel a lot of warmth/heat when the device is not being used, that would indicate something freewheeling such as a sync loop, etc).

You have some choices, of course; I'm sure you've already contemplated all that. ;). As for me, I'd take it once to a local cell phone repair place and have it looked at. I wouldn't fool with it myself, but that's just me.

Perhaps it's time for a replacement, unless your provider has another resolution for you.