• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've seen a pattern: Fascinate makes Android look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my relatively small circle of friends, everyone I've known with a Fascinate had nothing but problems with it and they have switched to the iPhone. I used to have 6 coworkers and friends with the Fascinate, and they have all defected they were so turned off by their experience.

I've read the reports that Android users call for customer support more often than iPhone. Sure, I get that, and how all devices will have problems and people with unfortunate experiences. But the Fascinate in particular seems to take the cake.

Given that Samsung is the largest Android manufacturer and they sold versions of the Galaxy S everywhere, it's clear that there will be a mass exodus of Android users when the iPhone 5 comes out. Mark-my-words.

I am disappointed that Samsung has failed so miserably. I've been recommending AGAINST them since I learned that Bing was forced onto the user and OS updates were come 6+months after the other devices. What I've seen recently has only confirmed my opinion of the line of phones.

iPhone users dont call as much because iPhones in stock form dont bork out as much. Android is for geeks that want to figure out why something wont work and will go to lengths to fix it. iPhones are for people who want to pick up the phone and go and everything just work.

personally, i enjoy tinkering, the iPhone bores me

Upvote 0
The android platform is more powerful than the Iphone and once you root it and get it running the way you want it will blow an Iphone out of the water

but the majority of people dont want to learn how to use it, and thus fix it, so when something messes up they call it junk. the iPhone just works all the time, so for someone who doesnt care why it works, it just works for them

Upvote 0
I had a fascinate, while I can't say its the worst phone, it sure did have a ton of issues.

I see how people who owned one can get frustrated and run to the simplicity of IOS. The quick reply is usually "just root it and its all good" While there is some truth to that statement, It's pointed at tech savvy people.

My mom, brother and sister are not going to know about roms, kernels and voodoo. They are just going to know that the phones gets really laggy, the GPS usually doesn't work. Samsung did Android a great disservice, by their lackluster approach to this phone.

Samsungs view of the SGS series is based solely on quantity over quality.

Reactions: Colchicine
Upvote 0
I am disappointed that Samsung has failed so miserably. I've been recommending AGAINST them since I learned that Bing was forced onto the user and OS updates were come 6+months after the other devices.

I think you filled your Fascinate with a bunch of trash apps that are not approved.

I have had nothing but good performance from mine since I got it Feb 1st, 7 months ago now.

You are way off base, and so is your small click of friends. It works as designed, even in box stock form as mine is.

Keep the junk off of it, and it goes several days on Standby w/o a charge.

Turn ON all of the background data, OTA data, GPS, use it for a MP3 player, etc... and the battery will go down hill, just like any other device that uses a lot of underground apps.

If I am not using bluetooth, I turn it off, not using GPS, turn it off. I never allow DATA and background data to run, ever, unless I need access to the internet.

Upvote 0
You have failed miserably on reading comprehension. It clearly says under my username that I own an Incredible, and I never once referred to "my Fascinate". I don't have experience using the Fas, but I sure do know a lot of people that used it and hated it enough to switch. Hence the post.

The rest of your post is filled with conjecture (junk apps) and irrelevant battery saving techniques. Not only did you make a bad assumption (the phone wouldn't work after a hard reset and in factory form for a couple of the users), but I also never said anything about battery life. You area also sadly mistaken about battery usage and should get a better understanding of it before giving advice. Example: No battery is used with the GPS turned on, when the GPS is not actually being used.

Upvote 0
Useless thread.

276415832.png

Reactions: tgulch22
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones