I've started a #fascinatefail on Twitter to express my disappointment

Last Updated:

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to let Samsung and Verizon know how many people they pissed off by not letting us use Google search and voice search on the phone so I started #fascinatefail up on twitter. If anyone wants to post their complaints use that hashtag.

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

ha so it failed just because verizon stuck bing on it? Geeze

3. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member

nothing to see here, move on.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  4. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with telling verizon what they did wrong.

5. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Then call it #NoBingOnAndroid or something. I love how it "fails" before anyone even has it :confused:

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Then why not make it verizon fail after all they afre the ones who decided to have bing and that on it

7. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

It fails because the provider locked the phone down a path few people wanted to take. Its not a matter of having or not having, locking down a phone is not what consumers want that is the issue that has brought this phone so much negative attention.

8. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I see .. :cool:

9. kilofox

kilofox Well-Known Member

ahhh.... then dont buy the phone?

10. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

This is by no means a failure and it has been discussed a few times. There are ways around it. Search this forum and you will see. You have 3 options: Root, make google your homepage or just dont buy the phone. Verizon isnt going to care how many people dont like bing because their pockets love bing and thats what matters to them.

11. D_Sweet

D_Sweet Member

Quite your bitchin, have you even had hands on with the phone yet? I doubt it or if any of you have your all ******s! I was just in my local VZW store and played with the fascinate for about 45 min. 1st off the GPS issue is non existant, went into settings & turned on all the GPS location options and sats locked on in less than 10 seconds, downloaded GPS test from the market and it shows 10 sats available, using 6 of them with accuracy to 100 feet. 2nd the whole bing thing is exagerated, There is a widget for Bing search or there is a widget for Browser which is just like the browser on my Eris, the homepage is set to VZW something or other & all you have to do is go into settings and set the default home page to what you want it to be like google or something, then I force stopped browser and went and relaunched it & what do you know, google is now the default home page. Overall phone is fast, pretty & very light but doesn't feel cheap & did I mention the screen kicks ass along with the sick GPU which runs Need For Speed Shift flawlessly. Overall I was very impressed.
    One more thing, yes it comes preloaded with VZNav but all you got to do is download google maps from the market and you dont need VZNav, and with a one touch root method already known you can remove all these things you dont want very easily. So again, quit your bitchin or don't buy the phone.