• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've stopped lurking !

I suppose I'd better stop lurking and prove I am a real person and not just a bot or spammer waiting to get in. :D

My story...

My old nokia has finally given up being usefull, it keeps turning itself off, the camera/ video is a thing of the past and even the chrome surface is pealing off... and yes I have had it years.

So the only thing to do is find a new phone.

I spent days searching the web trying to find a phone I liked and would do things I wanted eg decent camera, able to surf the web, not turn itself off when it felt like it.

htere were quite a few I liked and thought I would try... So then I would search for reviews on my PC to see what others thought.

And to cut a long story short I have ordered a HTC desire.

I have to wait for it to arrive now as there is up to 7 days delivery time ( from T-Mobile UK)

In the meantime I needed to learn about andriod phones.

That is how I came across this site.

Loads of information here, not that I understand it all, as I am not a very technical person, but I am sure I will soon learn.

I seem to have rambled on a bit for an indroduction post.

Oh well I am sure I will be around for a while esp when my phone actually arrives.

Thanet.

I suppose I'd better stop lurking and prove I am a real person and not just a bot or spammer waiting to get in. :D

My story...

My old nokia has finally given up being usefull, it keeps turning itself off, the camera/ video is a thing of the past and even the chrome surface is pealing off... and yes I have had it years.

So the only thing to do is find a new phone.

I spent days searching the web trying to find a phone I liked and would do things I wanted eg decent camera, able to surf the web, not turn itself off when it felt like it.

htere were quite a few I liked and thought I would try... So then I would search for reviews on my PC to see what others thought.

And to cut a long story short I have ordered a HTC desire.

I have to wait for it to arrive now as there is up to 7 days delivery time ( from T-Mobile UK)

In the meantime I needed to learn about andriod phones.

That is how I came across this site.

Loads of information here, not that I understand it all, as I am not a very technical person, but I am sure I will soon learn.

I seem to have rambled on a bit for an indroduction post.

Oh well I am sure I will be around for a while esp when my phone actually arrives.

Thanet.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones