• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Jabra Cruiser bluetooth car kit issues

LarrynKy

Jul 20, 2010
Today I purchased a Jabra Cruiser SP715 bluetooth car kit from costco. I have successfully paired it with the Captivate. The Jabra is supposed to speak caller names contained in my contact list. The Jabra device and the Captivate both have PBAP compatibility. When I receive a call from someone on my contact list, the Jabra device only speaks the calling phone number and not the name of the caller. Is there a setting on the Captivate that allows the contact names to be passed to the Jabra when it has been paired. This is a bit frustrating. Any help from the forum is appreciated. Thank you...

According to the manual, it should work the way you describe. I looked it up because I was curious. I have a Pioneer stereo that has PBAP also, but it requires me to transfer the phone book to the stereo before it will display the name of the caller. It seems that their are two types of PBAP, but your Jabra should work the way you stated.

I would give Jabra a call and see if they can help you figure it out.

How to contact the Jabra Technical Support team:
By phone: 866-697-8757 (8:00AM EST to 8:00PM EST, Monday –Friday)

Reactions: LarrynKy
Upvote 0
I decided to return the Jabra to Costco and went to Best Buy and purchased the BlueAnt S4. It paired quickly and uploaded my contact list. It works great. I went out on the highway and made calls and received calls without issue. My wife said the BlueAnt was clear eventhough I had loud road noise as I was driving 75mph. I am satisfied. Problem solved!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones