Jager sense Rom MMS message problem

Last Updated:

1. execute_method

execute_method Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have found a slight issue with the Jager Sense rom, which other than this is so full of win.

I am using Handcent and my phone it will no longer send MMS messages. It just acts like it's sending, indefinitely.

I noticed in Titanium that there was an app called Messages 1.00, which cannot be installed back to the phone from there.

I believe that this app not being installed is the cause of the issue, but I don't see it in the the Backup folder.

What the heck is the technical name for this app, so I can push it back. I know kind of a stupid ?? It's been a long day.

Advertisement
  2. Bobby9

Bobby9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I'm about to try the vanilla one and wonder if it'll have the same problem. I'll update you if I can get the ROM on my phone (This is my first time)

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have the same problem and I am starting to get pretty pissed. I have never used TB, I flashed this rom (JagerChocolate) and set up from scratch. MMS will not go no matter what you do....

I have reduced the image to the lowest possible quality and increased the Handcent MMS setting to the highest but it will not actually send. Got to be something simple we are missing.

4. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Hm...I'm on JagerVanilla 1.6.2 and was able to in Handcent. Attach > gallery (not photos) had to resize automatically, send. My gf next to me (we're watching bachelorette (gag)) received it in a minute or so.

I flashed the rom and used Titanium Backup free to install all my old programs.

Edit: Also works in stock Messages app.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

does it work with stock messaging? i thoght even on stock phones that they were having handcent mms problems

6. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

He fixed it in 1.6.2 because it includes the messaging app. I wondered why he added that back. At least now we know!

7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

The Jager Sense ROM does not have the stock messaging app, it leaves you no other choice but to use Handcent. At first I thought it would be ok but today I am thinking differently because I cannot send or receive any pictures... very frustrating.

Never had a problem with the stock messaging app and so far Handcent has proven to be craptacular.

EDIT: I actually really like HandCent but I am not going to use it if the MMS doesnt work.

8. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

well damn now im glad i didnt try it.. i like sexting too much