• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jan 13 CM9 Nightlies Wi-Fi Issues

There's your problem.

CM7 > CM9 doesn't require a wipe, if you flash via acme (the recommended path).

You could factory reset and try again. You could just update CM9 again, but via acme3. Nevertells will recommend you use acme uninstaller and reinstall to fix the file system.

Did you make a recovery backup? If so, I'd restore CM7, update to the latest CWM, make a new backup and reinstall via acme3. If you've formatted a lot via CWM, you might have a lot of file system errors that could possibly be unrecoverable, requiring a acme uninstall, reinstall. More here: Time to update your recovery and make a new backup.

Upvote 0
No, but there never has been a stable build for CM7 or CM9 either.

"Stable" is a special term used for releases that means everything works. It's been close to beta in CM7 and CM9, but that's it.

Right now CM10 is called a "preview", meaning it's not even in beta test status yet and it's recommended for experienced installers (some risk is expected). It's a work in progress.

In order of quality, you'll usually see this:
preview (very similar to alpha)
alpha
beta
release candidate (or RC)
stable

Some past builds were named "full-of-bugs" and "not-yet-ready". This build is named cm-10-20121216-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip if that tells you more. :D "Cam" referring to the addition of the camera fixes. You can find all of jc's releases here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing preview

Now that the lesson is over... is it a good build and most everything works? Yes. I have it on both my Touchpads and think it's as good as CM9, some say even better. Nightly builds are expected soon. It's possible there are some issues with some apps, but I haven't noticed any thing. Make sure you have the latest recovery, make a backup and install it with acme3 and use the recommended stock gApps.

FWIW, I prefer the guide at Rootzwiki: How to install jcsullins CM10 Unofficial Build 20121216, with Sound, Camera & Microphone, Updated 1/12/2013 Roland does a much better guide and I know that's up to date. (Many more Touchpad developers are on Rootzwiki.) XDA is best for other devices, like the Nook Color tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones