Japanese characters on part of keyboardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Highrollin85

Highrollin85 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, Went to send a txt this morning from Handcent and noticed that my keyboard had changed a bit. The enter key and the key the farthest on the bottom left both have Japanese characters on them. Also, the key to add a question mark/exclamation mark is not on the board now. I thought it might just be Handcent, so I tried the stock messaging program and the keyboard has the same problem! Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. deepsee

deepsee New Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I will interested to know how to fix it :)

3. airplaneman

airplaneman Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've somehow changed your default keyboard.

Find a text box (where you enter text) and long-press it, you should get a popup that says input method, click it. You will then have to pick between they keyboards that are installed on your phone. If you haven't installed any, your choices will be "Default/Sony Ericcson, Android and Japanese. Pick whichever one you want.

4. sushidushi

sushidushi Member

Does this mean that the phone supports Japanese characters? Does this apply to all X10s, wherever they're sold? I'm getting the X10 next week and hope I'll be able to at least read Japanese on it. Am I in luck...? Specifically, I'd like to be able to install an English-Japanese dictionary and be able to read the Japanese bits of it. My old phone, Nokia 5800, was unable to read Japanese.

5. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

are both japanese and korean keyboards default to the phone? how do i remove them as i don't use them and no reason for them to show up when i press input method.

6. vipmex2play

vipmex2play New Member

I have been looking for this answer and i,m tired n bored, finally you let me know! You are the man many many thanks....
    great android user keep helping......