Japanese type

1. emichan

emichan New Member

Hi, I just bought the inspire phone, and I want to use Japanese. How do I use Japanese type? I looked, and it only supports Chinese, and European languages.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. emichan

emichan New Member

Also, I am putting music on my phone, and my music titles are not appearing correctly (they are originally in Japanese). This is a minor issue, but if anyone knows how to fix, I would like to know.

Thank you :)
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello emichan.

I suggest you do a search under "japanese" in your Market application. I just did and found many Japanese type apps, such as "very easy japanese type," etc.

Some of those apps are not presented in English, so I'm not sure what they address, but you will be able to browse them and determine what you need.
  4. emichan

emichan New Member

Hello, thank you.

I did try this, but I do not know how it works. Some are dictionary, or practice for English speakers. I put some on my phone, but I still do not know how to type in Japanese. I hope this is clear.
  5. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

There is no Japanese IME out there, I'm not sure why google didn't include one like most smart phones out there. Simeji does not work on our phones, the Japanese keyboard never shows even after you enable it. openwnn plus I haven't tried, I may give that a shot. Search for "Japanese IME", you will have to install a market app to type in Japanese, I'm not certain either of the two popular ones above will work.

This is my biggest complaint since my iPhone 4 had Japanese IME built in. While I can read Japanese I need to be able to type in Japanese too. Android sells in japan, I don't get why the Japanese IME isn't native.
  6. kingace-t

kingace-t New Member

deleted
  7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

if you downloaded the very easy japanese keyboard, then fom the main screen on your phone tap menu-settings-language&keyboard-you should see the new keyboard listed there and you must check the box next to it.

now go into your text messaging app or something that requires you to use the keyboard. in the blank box for texting press and hold until a little box that says input method appears, tap that and the japanese keyboard should be there, tap that. now when you go to type you should see the new keyboard
  8. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

Does it do romaji -> Kata/Hiragana/Kanji? The ones i listed above do not which makes it nearly useless since its a royal pain to type in Japanese without it. IME on Windows, OS X, iPhone, iPad all operate the same. You type in romaji and it shows on the screen in Japanese characters (sometimes you have a drop down that you select appropriate characters/words).

Regardless, its quite irritating that Google did not include a native Japanese IME. I just saw Toshiba phones there with Android, I know the code is out there for it....

I found one that works when I looked up the one you mentioned!! Yay I can finally text my friends and family in Japanese again!

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.gorry.android.input.nicownng&feature=search_result
  9. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Glad you found one that works for you. I only mentioned the very easy japanese one cause I saw it mentioned above. I have no clue about anything japanese so I cant say anything about what you mentioned. I was only telling the op how to load the new keyboard to try it.